- Invicta FC 12: Kankaanpaa vs. Souza Results
- Noncommittal About Return, Georges St. Pierre ‘Taking It Slow’ In Training
- UFC 186 Weigh-In Results: Title Fight Official In Canada
- UFC 186 LowKick Predictions
- ONE Championship 26 Results: Askren vs. Santos Ends In No Contest Following Eyepoke
- UFC 186: Georges St-Pierre And Rory MacDonald Q&A
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 2
- ‘Grown Up’ Rampage Thinks If Anyone Can Knock Out Maldonado, It’s Him
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
Anderson Silva Says He Never Knew About UFC 162 Media Obligations
Anderson Silva received a hefty fine from the UFC for no-showing a UFC 162 media show in Los Angeles yesterday. ‘The Spider’ is set to take on Chris Weidman at UFC 162 on July 6th, where he will look to extend his amazing UFC win streak to 17. As well as ruffling the feathers of his employers, Silva has put Chris Weidman out of three days training-something ‘The All American’ was not best pleased about.
Now Silva has responded claiming that he was never informed of the media show in question, check out Silva’s take on the situation via Sherdog:
“I’ve never missed any commitment to the UFC. I would never have made the trip to Brazil if I knew I had to be in Los Angeles,” said the Middleweight boss. “Everyone knows that I always block my media schedule to devote myself to training, since that’s my main priority. I’m an athlete, and my focus will always be to train and be prepared for the challenges.”
If what Silva says is true then he may be due a refund on his 50k fine, although he could be playing the old ignorance card to make up for a lack of foresight. Whatever the case, when these two square off from the MGM Grand Arena there is going to be fireworks.
Stay tuned to Lowkick!