- Who Will Be UFC Bantamweight Champion At The End Of 2015?
- UFC 181 Extended Video Preview
- Poll: Has Robbie Lawler Improved Enough To Beat Johny Hendricks?
- Nick Diaz Says He Would Have Failed Drug Test After GSP Fight
- UFC Fight Night 57 Super Slo-Mo Highlights
- Matt Brown: What The F–k Has Conor Done Compared To Frankie?
- “Rumble” Thinks Alexander Gustafsson Is As Dangerous As Jon Jones
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
Anderson Silva Posts New Training Picture: I’m Coming Back
Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva continues his recovery from a broken leg that he suffered at UFC 168. The bout, which took place on December 28, 2013, was Silva’s attempt at regaining the title glory that Chris Weidman had stole from him at UFC 162.
‘The Spider’ recently posted a video of himself walking down stairs, and also back in the gym lifting weights. The latest update from Silva is a picture of himself training grappling on the mats, as he posted to Twitter:
Estou voltando . pic.twitter.com/QXis1oNSv7
— Anderson Silva (@SpiderAnderson) February 16, 2014
Estou voltando-‘I’m coming back’. Any doubts about Silva’s motivation to return to MMA are surely a thing of the past, but his ability still remains in question. We are unlikely to see how the injury has impacted him until fight night, but Silva seems very keen to get back on the horse.
With the middleweight championship being defended by Weidman at UFC 173, against a very dangerous Vitor Belfort, Silva’s return bout is unlikely to be a title shot. Lyoto Machida and Ronaldo Souza both made their claims for a title shot at UFN 36, so what would make sense for ‘The Spider’s’ return? Surely a top five bout is on the horizon?