- Poll: How Should The UFC Punish Jon Jones?
- Albuquerque Police Pursuing Felony Arrest Warrant For Jon Jones
- Read The Official Police Report From Jon Jones’ Hit-And-Run
- Tim Kennedy: ‘Karate Is Dead, Rockhold Destroyed Machida Effortlessly’
- Jon Jones Update: Police Found Marijuana, Pipe After ‘Bones’ Fled Scene
- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
Anderson Silva Posts New Training Picture: I’m Coming Back
Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva continues his recovery from a broken leg that he suffered at UFC 168. The bout, which took place on December 28, 2013, was Silva’s attempt at regaining the title glory that Chris Weidman had stole from him at UFC 162.
‘The Spider’ recently posted a video of himself walking down stairs, and also back in the gym lifting weights. The latest update from Silva is a picture of himself training grappling on the mats, as he posted to Twitter:
Estou voltando . pic.twitter.com/QXis1oNSv7
— Anderson Silva (@SpiderAnderson) February 16, 2014
Estou voltando-‘I’m coming back’. Any doubts about Silva’s motivation to return to MMA are surely a thing of the past, but his ability still remains in question. We are unlikely to see how the injury has impacted him until fight night, but Silva seems very keen to get back on the horse.
With the middleweight championship being defended by Weidman at UFC 173, against a very dangerous Vitor Belfort, Silva’s return bout is unlikely to be a title shot. Lyoto Machida and Ronaldo Souza both made their claims for a title shot at UFN 36, so what would make sense for ‘The Spider’s’ return? Surely a top five bout is on the horizon?