- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Teddy Holder vs. Thiago Silva Video Highlights
- Drew Dober Returns To Face Efrain Escudero At UFC 188
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
Anderson Silva Posts New Training Picture: I’m Coming Back
Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva continues his recovery from a broken leg that he suffered at UFC 168. The bout, which took place on December 28, 2013, was Silva’s attempt at regaining the title glory that Chris Weidman had stole from him at UFC 162.
‘The Spider’ recently posted a video of himself walking down stairs, and also back in the gym lifting weights. The latest update from Silva is a picture of himself training grappling on the mats, as he posted to Twitter:
Estou voltando . pic.twitter.com/QXis1oNSv7
— Anderson Silva (@SpiderAnderson) February 16, 2014
Estou voltando-‘I’m coming back’. Any doubts about Silva’s motivation to return to MMA are surely a thing of the past, but his ability still remains in question. We are unlikely to see how the injury has impacted him until fight night, but Silva seems very keen to get back on the horse.
With the middleweight championship being defended by Weidman at UFC 173, against a very dangerous Vitor Belfort, Silva’s return bout is unlikely to be a title shot. Lyoto Machida and Ronaldo Souza both made their claims for a title shot at UFN 36, so what would make sense for ‘The Spider’s’ return? Surely a top five bout is on the horizon?