- Alistair Overeem vs Stefan Struve Booked For UFC On FOX 13
- Matt Mitrione Views Andrei Arlovski As ‘The Next Step’
- Machida vs. Dollaway Scheduled For UFC Fight Night 58
- Coach: Hendricks About 85 Percent, Looking To Return In February
- Ronda Rousey: I’m Sure ‘Cyborg’ Will Dope As Long As Possible Before Coming To UFC
- UFN 50 Medical Suspensions: ‘Jacare’ & Rothwell Out Indefinitely
Anderson Silva Is Back On His Feet And Smiling
Former UFC Middleweight champ Anderson Silva begins his journey back to fitness after UFC 168, the embattled ‘Spider’ broke his leg against Chris Weidman and lost his second fight on the trot. This is the first time in Silva’s career that he has experienced back-to-back losses. It leads me to wonder how Silva will bounce back.
‘The Spider’ recently tweeted photos of himself with family, using crutches to stand with his leg casted. Attitude and moral will play a huge part in Silva’s recovery and may be the telling factor when it comes to retiring or not. At 38, Silva’s chances at another title reign are slimming.
It comes as good news to see that Silva is in good spirits, and even more so that he is able to walk, albeit assisted by a crutch. Imagine the feel good story that would emerge should Silva make a successful come back. I really hope it happens, I seem to have become a bigger fan of Silva’s in his defeat. Check out the video of Silva, posted on his son’s Instagram, and stay tuned to LowKick!
Photo Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea for USA TODAY Sports