- Dustin Poirier Returning To Lightweight In 2015
- CM Punk Targeting Late 2015 UFC Debut
- Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira Reportedly Agreed Upon For UFC Fight Night 60 In Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs CB Dollaway Breakdown
- Michael Bisping Disagrees With “Butthurt” Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- Jon Jones ‘Offended’ The UFC Showed Death Threat Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Looking To Rid MMA Of Jon Jones
- Rory MacDonald Informed He Won’t Fight For Title, Will Just ‘Light Up’ Whoever’s Next
Anderson Silva Is Back On His Feet And Smiling
Former UFC Middleweight champ Anderson Silva begins his journey back to fitness after UFC 168, the embattled ‘Spider’ broke his leg against Chris Weidman and lost his second fight on the trot. This is the first time in Silva’s career that he has experienced back-to-back losses. It leads me to wonder how Silva will bounce back.
‘The Spider’ recently tweeted photos of himself with family, using crutches to stand with his leg casted. Attitude and moral will play a huge part in Silva’s recovery and may be the telling factor when it comes to retiring or not. At 38, Silva’s chances at another title reign are slimming.
It comes as good news to see that Silva is in good spirits, and even more so that he is able to walk, albeit assisted by a crutch. Imagine the feel good story that would emerge should Silva make a successful come back. I really hope it happens, I seem to have become a bigger fan of Silva’s in his defeat. Check out the video of Silva, posted on his son’s Instagram, and stay tuned to LowKick!
Photo Credit: Jayne Kamin-Oncea for USA TODAY Sports