- UFC 189 World Tour Press Conference Live From Dublin
- Ronda Rousey Hints She May Join ‘The Rock’ At Next Year’s Wrestlemania
- Dennis Bermudez Battles Jeremy Stephens At UFC 189
- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
Anderson Silva Video Shows “The Spider” Already Throwing Leg Kicks
Although it seems like ages ago, it’s only been two-and-a-half months since legendary former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva gruesomely broke his leg throwing a low kick at Chris Weidman at December 28’s UFC 168.
Although the obvious initial reaction was that “The Spider” was done fighting altogether, instead he’s impressed with the speed of his recovery. Apparently eager to return to fighting as soon as possible, Silva has shown amazing videos of him training in grappling and hitting the pads.
Today, however, his progression has reached a new height as UOL Esporte (via MMA-Core) released a video of Silva throwing low kicks on an exercise ball. Although it isn’t the hardest target out there, it’s surprising to see him even attempt the maneuver so shortly removed from the once-thought-to-be devastating surgery.
“The Spider” was ecstatic at the development, comparing the kicks to the birth of his children, of all things:
“I compare those first kicks the joy of the birth of my children. Now is overcome the fear and slowly get there. Much further, but I am confident and happy with the first results”
Silva says he has much further to go, and that may be true, but his progress thus far has to be at least a bit concerning to the now wide-open UFC middleweight division. This is getting very interesting. Even if Silva never regains the belt, there could be some huge bouts for him on the horizon.
Check out the video and see what you think: