- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
- Anderson Silva Talks Conor McGregor: You Have To Promote The Right Way, With Respect
- Lyoto Machida Believes Luke Rockhold’s Weakness Is Striking
- Brendan Schaub Moves Down To Light Heavyweight For Next Fight
- Dana White Reveals Jose Aldo Went Crazy After McGregor Slapped Him On Back
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II Will Still Happen
- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
Anderson Silva: I had a nightmare with Weidman, but now I’ll bring Chuck Norris to my camp
Former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is gearing up for arguably the biggest fight of his illustrious career at UFC 168 when he rematches Chris Weidman. Many believe that a re-motivated Spider will come back to destroy Weidman, only blaming Silva’s overconfidence for the crushing UFC 162 defeat.
Although Silva acknowledges that July 6th was like a bad dream for him, he is not afraid of his young nemesis. Talking to Brazilian radio show Panico!, Silva also spoke of a new plan to train for the fight:
“I had a nightmare with Weidman, but I don’t fear him. He is determined, but has two arms and two legs just like me. Now I’ll bring Chuck Norris (to my camp). I’ll bring both, Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal.”
That seems like a joking attitude from Silva, who exhibited the same behavior in the week leading up to the first Weidman bout. His lightheartedness may have contributed to his unfocused demeanor and subsequent knockout loss. It’s tough to say.
All we can do is find out what state of mind Silva is actually in by watching the fight on December 28. If he loses to Weidman again, people will undoubtedly be calling for him to hang up the gloves. If he wins impressively, however, Silva said that he is still looking for a fight with UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones:
“I hope it happens. That’s the fight everybody is waiting for.” – via Combate
He’ll have to get by Weidman first, but if he does, a fight versus Jones may be a crowning achievement for Anderson Silva.