- Tito Ortiz: Stephan Bonnar Brought Out A Gimp
- Christy Mack On Mend, Tweets Pictures Of Injuries
- Ronda Rousey Wants Bethe Correia Fight In Brazil
- What’s Next For The Resurgent Andrei Arlovski?
- UFC Fight Night 51: Andrei Arlovski vs. Bigfoot Silva Highlights
- UFN 51 Main Card Recap: Arlovski Avenges Loss To “Bigfoot”
- UFC Fight Night 51 Prelims Results: “Pepey” Finishes Fast
Anderson Silva Doing A Lite Spar
As fans are aware, former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva won’t be back in the ring in 2014. After sustaining a serious leg break at UFC 168 and making tremendous progress in his rehabilitation, “The Spider” has stated that he has personal business to attend to for the remainder of the year, and that further, he does not wish to rush his return to the Octagon. As such, Silva is not expected to be back in the UFC until sometime in 2015; hopefully.
Either way, the wizard of 185 keeps sending out a strong message via his Instagram account that he’s not given up on his MMA career, and is not yet prepared to retire.
From the view of him in his latest video Silva looks to be healing fast. He is easily placing weight on his injured left leg, and although moving gingerly, “The Spider” appears comfortable and confident in his footwork, and even manages to switch stances (right to left).
All in all, it’s encouraging stuff from the Brazilian legend and remarkable, given that he’s only three months removed from his injury. In considering the speed of his recovery, fans can’t help but wish that the torn ligaments of fighters like Georges St. Pierre, Carlos Condit and Dominick Cruz could heal as fast as Silva’s broken leg.
Here’s Silva in spar.