- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Top Five ‘Rampage’ Knockouts Of All-Time
Anderson Silva Cries When Confronted With Fight Throwing
This weekend, former UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva appeared on Brazilian TV show “Ao Vivo” to discuss his UFC 162 loss to Chris Weidman and the upcoming rematch at UFC 168. When the inevitable talk of the fight being fixed was brought up, The Spider got very emotional to the point of tears.
His reply, roughly translated from Portugese:
“I get a little upset because when I go to fight I get to represent my country. Represent all Brazilians outside of Brazil and inside Brazil. This upset me a lot, people think I sold the fight. I always said that this is a title Brazilian independent being with me or another Brazilian. I always say I do not like to fight because Brazil is a world title if another Brazilian to win this title I’ll keep rooting for this title continues in Brazil.”
The crowd immediatley rose to support their countryman and champion, chanting Silva’s name after the host comforted him with a hug.
It would appear that this evidence, coupled with the fact that recent talk has Silva re-motivated to fight for the title, would suggest that Silva is eager to prove his detractors wrong. The whole topic of the bout being fixed is a bit silly and overblown in my eyes, but it’s a heated topic that seems to be sticking around.
What do you make of Silva’s reaction?