- Cat Zingano Planned For A Dog Fight, Not A 14-Second Defeat
- Brock Lesnar Was In Attendance At UFC 184
- UFC 184 Highlights: Jake Ellenberger vs. Josh Koscheck
- UFC 184 Highlights: Alan Jouban vs. Richard Walsh
- Who’s Next For Ronda Rousey?
- Poll: Will Ronda Rousey Retire Undefeated?
- Anderson Silva To Admit PED Use
- UFC 184 Highlights: Watch Ronda Rousey Destroy Cat Zingano With Record-Setting Finish
- UFC 184 Post-Fight Bonuses: Ronda Rousey Headlines Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 184 Main Card Live Results: Ronda Rousey Scores Fastest UFC Title Fight Finish In History
Anderson Silva: Chris Weidman Got Into MMA Because of Me, That’s My Legacy
UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva spoke up to MMA H.E.A.T. during yesterday’s UFC 162 open workouts to address several topics. He noted that Chris Weidman got his start in MMA because he saw Anderson fighting and thought he could do the same. Silva said that is his legacy, to bring the sport of martial arts to new generations.
In terms of his list of achievements, he does not think there is too much left he can accomplish in MMA. He picked Rich Franklin, Dan Henderson, and Carlos Newton as the best fighters he’s ever faced.
Silva also waxes on his training camp for the Weidman bout, describing his opponent as one of the best in the world. Silva points out that Weidman is different from Chael Sonnen. Silva says he feels relaxed heading into the bout. He loves his work, and that is why he fights, not just for the belt.
Silva said he is the “black Dana White” and will talk to the real White about the fight night bonuses.
The Spider had a great open workout with Rafael ‘Feijao’ Cavalcante and Erick Silva. Check out the full interview and workout below: