- Nick Diaz: I Was Injured Before UFC 183, Couldn’t Throw Punches
- Anderson Silva Will ‘Talk Serious’ With His Family About Fighting Future
- Quote: Vitor Belfort Turned Down Interim Title Bout With Lyoto Machida
- UFC 183: Thiago Alves vs. Jordan Mein Highlights
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Highlights
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Bonuses: Thiago Alves Pockets $50,000
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Benson Henderson To Make Welterweight Debut, Faces Brandon Thatch At UFC Fight Night 60
- UFC 183: Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann Highlights And Post-Fight Interview
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Press Conference
Anderson Silva will be cageside at UFC 154 to challenge Georges St. Pierre
Let the hype machine begin.
According to MMA Fighting, middleweight champion Anderson Silva will be present at UFC 154 and sitting cage side for the main event showdown between Georges St-Pierre and Carlos Condit. Could this be the beginning of the super fight that everyone has been waiting for?
Obviously, St-Pierre must take care of business against Condit on November 17. But if he does, Silva’s manager Jorge Guimaraes has hinted that “The Spider” just might be entering the Octagon to formally challenge GSP. Obviously, when news that Silva would be attending the fight in Montreal, it’s only right to think that he’s there to get the wheels turning on the biggest fight in the UFC. Why else would he be there?
A Silva-St. Pierre bout would feature the two longest reigning champions in UFC history. St-Pierre hasn’t lost in four and a half years and nine fights while Silva is unbeaten in his last sixteen fights and six years. The fight reportedly will be at a catchweight and there have been rumors tossed around that Cowboy Stadium in Dallas, TX could be the venue for the showdown.
UFC President Dana White confirmed on UFC 154 Media Call that Anderson Silva will be ringside at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, “to cheer for Georges St. Pierre against Carlos Condit”. GSP’s reaction was that he’s not concerned about Anderson Silva’s presence, citing the fact that his only motivation right now is to defeat Carlos Condit.
Of course, all of this could be derailed by the one and only Carlos Condit.