- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
- Anderson Silva Talks Conor McGregor: You Have To Promote The Right Way, With Respect
- Lyoto Machida Believes Luke Rockhold’s Weakness Is Striking
- Brendan Schaub Moves Down To Light Heavyweight For Next Fight
- Dana White Reveals Jose Aldo Went Crazy After McGregor Slapped Him On Back
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II Will Still Happen
- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
Anderson Silva will be cageside at UFC 154 to challenge Georges St. Pierre
Let the hype machine begin.
According to MMA Fighting, middleweight champion Anderson Silva will be present at UFC 154 and sitting cage side for the main event showdown between Georges St-Pierre and Carlos Condit. Could this be the beginning of the super fight that everyone has been waiting for?
Obviously, St-Pierre must take care of business against Condit on November 17. But if he does, Silva’s manager Jorge Guimaraes has hinted that “The Spider” just might be entering the Octagon to formally challenge GSP. Obviously, when news that Silva would be attending the fight in Montreal, it’s only right to think that he’s there to get the wheels turning on the biggest fight in the UFC. Why else would he be there?
A Silva-St. Pierre bout would feature the two longest reigning champions in UFC history. St-Pierre hasn’t lost in four and a half years and nine fights while Silva is unbeaten in his last sixteen fights and six years. The fight reportedly will be at a catchweight and there have been rumors tossed around that Cowboy Stadium in Dallas, TX could be the venue for the showdown.
UFC President Dana White confirmed on UFC 154 Media Call that Anderson Silva will be ringside at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, “to cheer for Georges St. Pierre against Carlos Condit”. GSP’s reaction was that he’s not concerned about Anderson Silva’s presence, citing the fact that his only motivation right now is to defeat Carlos Condit.
Of course, all of this could be derailed by the one and only Carlos Condit.