- Javier Mendez Believes Less Hard Sparring Will Reduce Injuries In Training
- Urijah Faber: TJ Dillashaw & Chad Mendes Could Both Beat Jose Aldo
- Tyron Woodley Says Hector Lombard Is ‘Salty And Bitter’
- Ricardo Lamas Envisions An Unconcsious Conor McGregor
- UFC Fight Night 57 Aftermath: Junior, Edgar, JB & ‘The Photo’
- Quote: Jon Jones Couldn’t Keep Cain Velasquez Off Him
- Just How Far Will Edson Barboza Go?
- Cub Swanson Thanks Frankie Edgar For Teaching Him A Lesson
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
- UFC Fight Night 57: Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson Highlights
Amir Sadollah Returns To The UFC To Face Niko Musoke In Sweden
Amir Sadollah was the winner of season seven of “The Ultimate Fighter.” He burst onto the scene with no pre-existing MMA record and won the show by defeating UFC notables Matt Brown and C.B. Dollaway.
Last in the ring in September of 2012, the 33-year-old Sadollah is now prepared to revisit his 6 – 4 UFC career. Announced by the senior circuit’s UK division today (July 24, 2014), Sadollah will be facing off against fellow welterweight Niko Musoke at UFC Fight Night (UFN) 53. The bout will take place on October 4 in Musoke’s hometown of Stockholm, Sweden, with no venue for the event being disclosed.
Musoke is 28-years-old and stands a professional record of 12 – 3 – 1, with a finishing rate of 75%; 4 TKOs’ and 5 submissions. “Nico” is 2 – 1 in the UFC and coming off of a unanimous decision loss to Kevin Gastelum at last month’s UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs. Stephens card.
For his part, Sadollah is coming off of a unanimous decision loss to Dan Hardy at UFC on Fuel TV 5: Struve vs. Miocic. The fight with Musoke will stand as Sadollah’s second attempt to revive his career. Hampered with injuries since his September of 2012 bout with Hardy, Sadollah was supposed to make a comeback at last year’s UFC 160 event against Stephen Thompson, however, injuries forced him to scratch from the fight.
UFN 53 will be the senior circuit’s third trip to Sweden and the promotion’s first trip back since April of 2013, and UFC on Fuel TV: Mousasi vs. Latifi.