- Countdown To UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz
- UFC on FOX 14 Overnight Numbers Show Biggest FOX Ratings In Two Years
- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light Heavyweight Champ?
- Jon Jones Reacts To Anthony Johnson’s Win Over Alexander Gustafsson
- UFC on FOX 14: Anthony Johnson vs. Alexander Gustafsson Highlights
Amir Sadollah Returns To The UFC To Face Niko Musoke In Sweden
Amir Sadollah was the winner of season seven of “The Ultimate Fighter.” He burst onto the scene with no pre-existing MMA record and won the show by defeating UFC notables Matt Brown and C.B. Dollaway.
Last in the ring in September of 2012, the 33-year-old Sadollah is now prepared to revisit his 6 – 4 UFC career. Announced by the senior circuit’s UK division today (July 24, 2014), Sadollah will be facing off against fellow welterweight Niko Musoke at UFC Fight Night (UFN) 53. The bout will take place on October 4 in Musoke’s hometown of Stockholm, Sweden, with no venue for the event being disclosed.
Musoke is 28-years-old and stands a professional record of 12 – 3 – 1, with a finishing rate of 75%; 4 TKOs’ and 5 submissions. “Nico” is 2 – 1 in the UFC and coming off of a unanimous decision loss to Kevin Gastelum at last month’s UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs. Stephens card.
For his part, Sadollah is coming off of a unanimous decision loss to Dan Hardy at UFC on Fuel TV 5: Struve vs. Miocic. The fight with Musoke will stand as Sadollah’s second attempt to revive his career. Hampered with injuries since his September of 2012 bout with Hardy, Sadollah was supposed to make a comeback at last year’s UFC 160 event against Stephen Thompson, however, injuries forced him to scratch from the fight.
UFN 53 will be the senior circuit’s third trip to Sweden and the promotion’s first trip back since April of 2013, and UFC on Fuel TV: Mousasi vs. Latifi.