- Jon Jones Turns Himself Into Police Custody
- Albuquerque Police Issue Felony Warrant For Jon Jones
- Poll: How Should The UFC Punish Jon Jones?
- Read The Official Police Report From Jon Jones’ Hit-And-Run
- Tim Kennedy: ‘Karate Is Dead, Rockhold Destroyed Machida Effortlessly’
- Jon Jones Update: Police Found Marijuana, Pipe After ‘Bones’ Fled Scene
- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
Alistair Overeem vs. Travis Browne Set For UFC On Fox Sports 1 In Boston
UFC on Fox Sports 1-1 is set to take place on August 17th in Boston and is already shaping up to be a super stacked card. With Thiago Alves vs. Matt Brown and Joe Lauzon vs. Miachael Johnson already confirmed, Boston natives now have another big fight to look forward to.
Alistair Overeem will face Travis Browne in a battle between two goliaths of MMA, with both guys experiencing recent losses to the same man-Antonio ‘Bigfoot’ Silva. Silva put the works to Browne last October, and The Reem ate a slice of humble pie at UFC 156-where Silva taught the K-1 champ to respect his huge hands. Browne has recently bounced back with a savage KO over Gabriel Gonzaga at TUF 17 Finale.
There has been plenty of speculation about who Overeem would face following his exodus from the UFC 160 card. ‘Demolition Man’ was originally slated to slug it out with ex-champ Junior dos Santos, but was forced to withdraw and be replaced by Mark Hunt.
Browne’s loss to Bigfoot was arguably due to the fact that he was injured, although Silva still needed to finish him, in a fight that Browne was heavily favored to win. Browne will look to make it two on the bounce, while Reem will look to inject himself back in to the Heavyweight elite at UFC on Fox 1: Boston (That’s what I’m going to call it from now on) in a match that will almost certainly end in brutal fashion.
Overeem’s chin may be a factor, although his experience might shine through against Browne. I have a feeling that we will see the best Travis Browne ever, fighting Overeem is a big step up. So whats your pick in this clash of Heavyweight monsters? Stay tuned to Lowkick!