- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Top Five ‘Rampage’ Knockouts Of All-Time
- UFC 186 Preliminary Card Results: Patrick Cote Outlasts Joe Riggs
- ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs Soa Palelei Added To UFC 190 In August
- Three Reasons To Watch UFC 186
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 3
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
‘The Reem’ Is Ready For ‘Banger’ Ben Rothwell
UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem is set to return from an elbow injury to the Octagon in September, where he will take on “Big” Ben Rothwell on the main card of UFC Fight Night 50.
In a recent interview with MMA H.E.A.T.’s Karyn Bryant, the former K-1 champion said he’s looking forward to the fight against someone who is as well-rounded as Rothwell. Here’s what he had to say:
“He’s a banger,” Overeem told Bryant. “I think it should work out in my favour. I’m a striker but I’m kind of all round. He’s kind of all round too, he’s not very good at any particular thing. But, he has his wresting, he has his takedowns. His cardio’s ok, he can take a shot. It’s going to be interesting, I have my gamelan ready. Just training, just perfecting it and very much looking forward to the fight.“
Overeem’s latest bout was a cagey three-round affair against Frank Mir at UFC 169, after which ‘The Reem’ took some criticism for his safe gameplan and call out of Brock Lesnar in the post fight interview. Rothwell last beat Brandon Vera at UFC 164, and subsequently got popped for elevated T-levels.
Take a look at the former Strikeforce heavyweight champions full interview with Bryant before courtesy of her official YouTube account.