- UFC 182: Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier Extended Preview
- Matt Brown Says He’ll Fight Saffiedine & CM Punk In One Night
- Poll: Do UFC Fighters Deserve Better Pay And Conditions?
- UFC Responds To Class Action Lawsuit: We Will ‘Vigorously’ Defend Business Practices
- Cung Le: I’m Going To Represent All The Fighters That Are Scared To Take A Step Up
- Jon Fitch, Nate Quarry & Cung Le Among Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- Jon Jones & Ronda Rousey Sign Endorsement Deals With Reebok
- UFC Rankings Update: Dos Anjos Ties Nurmagomedov For #1 Spot
- LowKick MMA Is Looking For New Writers – Come Join Our Team!
‘The Reem’ Is Ready For ‘Banger’ Ben Rothwell
UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem is set to return from an elbow injury to the Octagon in September, where he will take on “Big” Ben Rothwell on the main card of UFC Fight Night 50.
In a recent interview with MMA H.E.A.T.’s Karyn Bryant, the former K-1 champion said he’s looking forward to the fight against someone who is as well-rounded as Rothwell. Here’s what he had to say:
“He’s a banger,” Overeem told Bryant. “I think it should work out in my favour. I’m a striker but I’m kind of all round. He’s kind of all round too, he’s not very good at any particular thing. But, he has his wresting, he has his takedowns. His cardio’s ok, he can take a shot. It’s going to be interesting, I have my gamelan ready. Just training, just perfecting it and very much looking forward to the fight.“
Overeem’s latest bout was a cagey three-round affair against Frank Mir at UFC 169, after which ‘The Reem’ took some criticism for his safe gameplan and call out of Brock Lesnar in the post fight interview. Rothwell last beat Brandon Vera at UFC 164, and subsequently got popped for elevated T-levels.
Take a look at the former Strikeforce heavyweight champions full interview with Bryant before courtesy of her official YouTube account.