- Quote: Jon Jones Couldn’t Keep Cain Velasquez Off Him
- Just How Far Will Edson Barboza Go?
- Cub Swanson Thanks Frankie Edgar For Teaching Him A Lesson
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
- Frankie Edgar Says He Should Be Next For Jose Aldo
- UFC Fight Night 57: Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 57: Edson Barboza vs. Bobby Green Highlights
‘The Reem’ Is Ready For ‘Banger’ Ben Rothwell
UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem is set to return from an elbow injury to the Octagon in September, where he will take on “Big” Ben Rothwell on the main card of UFC Fight Night 50.
In a recent interview with MMA H.E.A.T.’s Karyn Bryant, the former K-1 champion said he’s looking forward to the fight against someone who is as well-rounded as Rothwell. Here’s what he had to say:
“He’s a banger,” Overeem told Bryant. “I think it should work out in my favour. I’m a striker but I’m kind of all round. He’s kind of all round too, he’s not very good at any particular thing. But, he has his wresting, he has his takedowns. His cardio’s ok, he can take a shot. It’s going to be interesting, I have my gamelan ready. Just training, just perfecting it and very much looking forward to the fight.“
Overeem’s latest bout was a cagey three-round affair against Frank Mir at UFC 169, after which ‘The Reem’ took some criticism for his safe gameplan and call out of Brock Lesnar in the post fight interview. Rothwell last beat Brandon Vera at UFC 164, and subsequently got popped for elevated T-levels.
Take a look at the former Strikeforce heavyweight champions full interview with Bryant before courtesy of her official YouTube account.