- UFC 184 Prelims Results
- Rousey’s Coach: Zingano Is A Desperate Fighter
- Cyborg Headlines July 10 Invicta FC Event From Las Vegas
- UFC: Welcome To The Show Press Conference
- Ronda Rousey Claims To Be The GOAT, Pennington Slams Holm
- UFC 184 Embedded Episode 5
- Invicta FC 11 Results: Cyborg Destroys Tweet In The First
- Dan Henderson vs. Tim Boetsch, Matt Mitrione vs. Ben Rothwell Added To UFC Fight Night 68
- Pay-Per-View Money Will Reportedly Push Ronda Rousey’s UFC 184 Payday Past $1 Million
- UFC 184 Weigh-Ins Results: Rousey & Zingano On Point
‘The Reem’ Is Ready For ‘Banger’ Ben Rothwell
UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem is set to return from an elbow injury to the Octagon in September, where he will take on “Big” Ben Rothwell on the main card of UFC Fight Night 50.
In a recent interview with MMA H.E.A.T.’s Karyn Bryant, the former K-1 champion said he’s looking forward to the fight against someone who is as well-rounded as Rothwell. Here’s what he had to say:
“He’s a banger,” Overeem told Bryant. “I think it should work out in my favour. I’m a striker but I’m kind of all round. He’s kind of all round too, he’s not very good at any particular thing. But, he has his wresting, he has his takedowns. His cardio’s ok, he can take a shot. It’s going to be interesting, I have my gamelan ready. Just training, just perfecting it and very much looking forward to the fight.“
Overeem’s latest bout was a cagey three-round affair against Frank Mir at UFC 169, after which ‘The Reem’ took some criticism for his safe gameplan and call out of Brock Lesnar in the post fight interview. Rothwell last beat Brandon Vera at UFC 164, and subsequently got popped for elevated T-levels.
Take a look at the former Strikeforce heavyweight champions full interview with Bryant before courtesy of her official YouTube account.