- Luke Rockhold Would Love To ‘Beat Belfort’s A–,’ Doesn’t Think He Deserves Title
- Hector Lombard Talks Unfair Punishment For Stupidity
- Harboring No Ill Will Towards UFC, Phil Davis Wants Immediate Bellator Title Shot
- UFC Overhauls Reebok Pay Structure To Focus On Number Of Fights
- Chad Mendes Won’t Rule Out Facing Urijah Faber
- Countdown To UFC 186: Johnson vs. Horiguchi & Bisping vs. Dollaway
- UFC on FOX 15 Medical Suspensions: Swanson, Machida & Herrig Get Long Sits
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Ali Bagautinov vs. John Lineker Rumoured For UFC 169
A flyweight scrap between top contenders Ali “Puncher King” Bagautinov and John “Hands of Stone” Lineker is rumoured to have been added to the main event at UFC 169.
Featuring a bantamweight title unification in the main event, between interim belt holder, Renan Barao and the returning champion Dominick Cruz, UFC 169 takes place in Newark ,New Jersey on the February 1st.
In the co-main event featherweight kingpin Jo?e Aldo is set to defend his 145lb. belt against top contender Ricardo Lamas. Former heavyweight champions Frank Mir and Alistair Overeem are also set to face off on the main card.
The match between the top ranked 125 pounders is yet to be officially confirmed but it would most likely be a no.1 contender match. The news was first reported by Russian website MMABoxing.
No. 7 ranked Bagautinov is 2-0 since joining the UFC back in September, where he dominated Marcos Vinicius en route to a third round TKO. His latest win came over Tim Elliot last month, the unanimous decision win was Bagautinov’s tenth straight victory. The former Sambo champion boasts a impressive 12-2 record since beginning his MMA career at the end of 2009.
The young Brazilian Lineker will be looking for his fifth straight win inside the Octagon since losing his debut to Louis Gaudinot back in May last year. The no. 5 ranked Lineker would have most likely been next in line for the 125lb. title but he has failed to make weight in his last two outings. In his last two performances the 23 year old has TKO’d Jo?e Maria and Phill Harris.
The current line up for UFC 169 is as followed:
Dominick Cruz vs. Renan Barao – bantamweight title unification
Jose Aldo vs. Ricardo Lamas for featherweight title
Frank Mir vs. Alistair Overeem
*Ali Bagautinov vs. John Lineker
Al Iaquinta vs. Kevin Lee
Chris Cariaso vs. Kyoji Horiguchi
Nick Catone vs. Tom Watson
John Makdessi vs. Alan Patrick
(*-not yet officially announced)