- Invicta FC 11 Weigh-In Results: Cyborg vs. Tweet Official In Los Angeles
- Josh Thomson Forced Out Of UFC Fight Night 62
- Quote: I Would Crush Brock Lesnar, He Won’t Have Time To Scream
- Kimbo Slice Returns Against Ken Shamrock On June 20
- Ronda Rousey Tells Cyborg To ‘Stop Taking F–king Steroids,’ Isn’t Impressed With Arianny Celeste’s Job
- UFC 184 Open Workouts: Ronda Rousey Shows Off Slams
- UFC 184 Embedded Episode 3
Alexander Gustafsson is Ready For Jon Jones
UFC light heavyweight title contender Alexander Gustafsson met up with our friends at MMA H.E.A.T. at this past week’s UFC Fan Expo in Las Vegas to discuss a myriad of topics. HE acknowledges that Jon Jones’ reach always presents problems, but he is confident that he can upset the dominant champion when the two do battle at September 21st from Toronto.
‘The Mauler’ also addressed his controversial withdrawal from his UFC Sweden bout against Gegard Mousasi last April. Gustafsson picked Chris Weidman to beat Anderson Silva, even though he lists Silva as his favorite fighter.
Gustafsson talked about his training leading up to the fight with Jones, noting that he is hard at work on his grappling skills at Alliance MMA, enlisting the only man to submit him in the octagon, Phil Davis. While Davis is obviously no Jones, his submission prowess should help Gustafsson should the fight go to the ground, as it most likely will.
Many people think Gustafsson is the man to finally give Jones a run for his money at 205, but even those slight believers aren’t giving him a wholehearted chance. Is there a possibility that Gustafsson will pull a Weidman and shock the world against Jon Jones this fall?