- UFC 184 Prelims Results
- Rousey’s Coach: Zingano Is A Desperate Fighter
- Cyborg Headlines July 10 Invicta FC Event From Las Vegas
- UFC: Welcome To The Show Press Conference
- Ronda Rousey Claims To Be The GOAT, Pennington Slams Holm
- UFC 184 Embedded Episode 5
- Invicta FC 11 Results: Cyborg Destroys Tweet In The First
- Dan Henderson vs. Tim Boetsch, Matt Mitrione vs. Ben Rothwell Added To UFC Fight Night 68
- Pay-Per-View Money Will Reportedly Push Ronda Rousey’s UFC 184 Payday Past $1 Million
- UFC 184 Weigh-Ins Results: Rousey & Zingano On Point
After UFC 155 Shutout Win, Myles Jury Has Arrived
When Myles Jury first appeared on the national scene, it was The Ultimate Fighter 13, the year was 2011. Jury had come onto the show with an undefeated record and a ton of hype behind him. It was not meant to be, as Myles was forced off the show with a Torn ACL. Jury then resurfaced two seasons later under the tutelage of Dominick Cruz opposite Urijah Faber. Jury was defeated in an exhibition match by eventual runner-up Al Iaquinta. However, the bout was not without its controversy.
The live fight between Al Iaquinta and Myles Jury went to a third round due to the score being even following the first two rounds. Circumstances surrounding a network commercial break resulted in a three minute break between the second and third rounds. However, normally there is only a one minute break between rounds. Dana White said in an interview following the episode that the longer breaks can result in fighters starting to cool down or cramp up. White said that the UFC and Fox/FX will be ensuring to the best of their ability that extended breaks between rounds does not occur again.
These dubious circumstances led “The Fury” to his first big-time fight in the UFC Octagon against Team Faber’s Chris Saunders. Jury ran threw Saunders and finished him with a guillotine choke in the first round, which immediately drew attention to the fact that it was time to get Jury some better competition.
Last night at UFC 155, Myles Jury clashed with the surging TUF 12 runner-up Michael “The Menace” Johnson, who was in possession of a three fight win streak and had been looking more and more promising since his transition to the Blackzilians camp. Jury put an end to all of that, as he systematically shut down Johnson for all three rounds, pitching a shut out and again begging for stronger competition.
Who is next for Myles Jury? Where does the ceiling end for this up-and-coming prospect? At 24 years old, it can be safe to say that the best is yet to come.
Photo Credit: Myles Jury’s Website