- Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Highlights
- Floyd Mayweather Defeats Manny Pacquiao To Unify Belts
- Cast Your Vote For Mayweather vs. Pacquiao!
- Jorge Masvidal Planning Move Back To Welterweight
- Roy Jones Jr.: Win Or Lose, Mayweather Is Not The Greatest Of All-Time
- Poll: Should Jon Jones Get Immediate Title Shot If He Returns?
- Nick Diaz Passed Two Drug Tests On The Same Night He Failed One
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
War of words between Rampage and Jon Jones heating up
Earlier this week, news broke (via Yahoo.com) that Jackson suspected that he had spies in his camp as he prepared for his bout against Jon Jones at UFC 135. Jackson, in order to get to the bottom of the story devised a plan where he would fake a hand injury during training and see what would transpire in the aftermath of the “injury.”
What happened was that hours after the “hand injury” was mentioned Jackson’s manager received a call from UFC matchmaker Joe Silva inquiring about the status of his fighter. According to Jackson, when asked where the information on the “injury” came from, Silva revealed that it was Jones’ manager, Malki Kawa.
Kawa, for his part, vehemently denied that there were spies in the Jackson camp.
Jones tweeted his response to the subject:
@Rampage4real Just so you know, I’m not a person who looks for shortcuts in life. Unlike you, MMA is not something I do because of money.
It’s a way of life for me and I would never disrespect the integrity of that.
I have way more faith in myself, as well as, respect for the art of fighting to ever stoop that low, thats just bad karma.
Believe me or not, I’ve said my part.. hoping you have a safe and healthy finish to your camp.. #Respect
Later Jackson responded to Jones:
@Jonnybones yeah I keep it real,I fight 4 $ cause I hate training,but I love giving ass whoopins,and ill b giving 1 on the 24th,btw grow up!
Further Reading: Rampage Jackson says Jon Jones is spying on him