- Javier Mendez Believes Less Hard Sparring Will Reduce Injuries In Training
- Urijah Faber: TJ Dillashaw & Chad Mendes Could Both Beat Jose Aldo
- Tyron Woodley Says Hector Lombard Is ‘Salty And Bitter’
- Ricardo Lamas Envisions An Unconcsious Conor McGregor
- UFC Fight Night 57 Aftermath: Junior, Edgar, JB & ‘The Photo’
- Quote: Jon Jones Couldn’t Keep Cain Velasquez Off Him
- Just How Far Will Edson Barboza Go?
- Cub Swanson Thanks Frankie Edgar For Teaching Him A Lesson
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
- UFC Fight Night 57: Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson Highlights
Wanderlei Silva’s 30-day suspension makes Akiyama bout possible for UFC 115
New South Wales Combat Sports Authority suspended UFC Middleweight legend Wanderlei “The Axe Murderer Silva for just 30 days, following his Unanimous Decision victory over Michael Bisping at the co-main event of UFC 110. Commission’s decision gives Wanderlei Silva enough time to prepare for the blockbuster bout against the Japanese superstar Yoshihiro Akiyama, that is targeted for UFC 115 on June 12th.
Yoshihiro “Sexyama” Akiyama is aware of Wanderlei Silva’s popularity in Japan, which makes him adamant to secure the fight against the Chute Boxe legend. Akiyama is currently 13-1 in his MMA career, with a Split Decision victory over Alan Belcher in his United States debut at UFC 100.
UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs, Michael Ratner, has confirmed to MMAJunkie that if The Ultimate Fighting Championship would officially decide to schedule the fight for UFC 115 it “will not be a problem”. UFC management will look to impress local fans in their first trip to Vancouver, with bouts like Couture vs Rich Franklin and the third episode of war between Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz, are already in works.