- Dana White Doesn’t Believe Anderson Silva Is Done Fighting
- UFC 183: Iaquinta vs. Lauzon, Woodley vs. Gastelum Highlights
- Nick Diaz: I Was Injured Before UFC 183, Couldn’t Throw Punches
- Anderson Silva Will ‘Talk Serious’ With His Family About Fighting Future
- Quote: Vitor Belfort Turned Down Interim Title Bout With Lyoto Machida
- UFC 183: Thiago Alves vs. Jordan Mein Highlights
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Highlights
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor Official For UFC 189 Main Event In July
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results: Gastelum & Lineker Miss Badly
Wanderlei Silva’s 30-day suspension makes Akiyama bout possible for UFC 115
New South Wales Combat Sports Authority suspended UFC Middleweight legend Wanderlei “The Axe Murderer Silva for just 30 days, following his Unanimous Decision victory over Michael Bisping at the co-main event of UFC 110. Commission’s decision gives Wanderlei Silva enough time to prepare for the blockbuster bout against the Japanese superstar Yoshihiro Akiyama, that is targeted for UFC 115 on June 12th.
Yoshihiro “Sexyama” Akiyama is aware of Wanderlei Silva’s popularity in Japan, which makes him adamant to secure the fight against the Chute Boxe legend. Akiyama is currently 13-1 in his MMA career, with a Split Decision victory over Alan Belcher in his United States debut at UFC 100.
UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs, Michael Ratner, has confirmed to MMAJunkie that if The Ultimate Fighting Championship would officially decide to schedule the fight for UFC 115 it “will not be a problem”. UFC management will look to impress local fans in their first trip to Vancouver, with bouts like Couture vs Rich Franklin and the third episode of war between Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz, are already in works.