- Bobby Green Gives Emotional Interview About Fighting Life
- UFC Fight Night 57 Weigh-ins Video & Results
- UFC 181 Free Fight: Georges St. Pierre Squeaks By Johny Hendricks
- Vitor Belfort Passes Random NSAC Drug Test
- Will Weidman vs. Belfort Actually Happen At UFC 184?
- Joe Rogan Calls Ronda Rousey “Once Ever” Fighter
- Bobby Green Thinking About Retiring After UFC Fight Night 57
- It’s Time To Give Fabricio Werdum More Respect
Vladimir Matyushenko: I want to show my striking skills against Jason Brilz (Exclusive Interview)
“I’m proud to be one of the oldest MMA fighters, if you put it that way. To me it’s like learning different skills and adapting. It’s like when I came to United States and fell on hard times, I had to learn the language and adapt. The same with fighting, MMA is a whole new sport. It’s not just Wrestling or Kickboxing, it’s something new and you have to adjust, accept new things and create new things.
[Brilz] didn’t fight for over a year, so all his fights are kinda old. It’s hard to tell, because he may come up with something new. I want to show my striking skills, not only to fans but also to myself. I trained a lot on them, and just want to show them in this fight.”
UFC veteran Vladimir “The Janitor” Matyushenko will make his tenth UFC appearance this evening, fighting Jason Brilz on the main card of UFC 129 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Matyushenko shared his thoughts about facing Brilz, speaking on LowKick.com’s Split Decision Podcast. “The Janitor” is currently 25-5 in his Mixed Martial Arts career, having his professional debut almost fourteen years ago at IFC 5 – Battle in the Bayou. In his last fight, Matyushenko defeated the debutant Alexandre Ferreira via TKO in Round 1.
Photo: UFC fighter Vladimir Matyushenko at the San Diego Sports Arena on August 1, 2010, in San Diego, California. Francis Specker