- Jon Jones Turns Himself Into Police Custody
- Albuquerque Police Issue Felony Warrant For Jon Jones
- Poll: How Should The UFC Punish Jon Jones?
- Read The Official Police Report From Jon Jones’ Hit-And-Run
- Tim Kennedy: ‘Karate Is Dead, Rockhold Destroyed Machida Effortlessly’
- Jon Jones Update: Police Found Marijuana, Pipe After ‘Bones’ Fled Scene
- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
Vladimir Matyushenko: I want to show my striking skills against Jason Brilz (Exclusive Interview)
“I’m proud to be one of the oldest MMA fighters, if you put it that way. To me it’s like learning different skills and adapting. It’s like when I came to United States and fell on hard times, I had to learn the language and adapt. The same with fighting, MMA is a whole new sport. It’s not just Wrestling or Kickboxing, it’s something new and you have to adjust, accept new things and create new things.
[Brilz] didn’t fight for over a year, so all his fights are kinda old. It’s hard to tell, because he may come up with something new. I want to show my striking skills, not only to fans but also to myself. I trained a lot on them, and just want to show them in this fight.”
UFC veteran Vladimir “The Janitor” Matyushenko will make his tenth UFC appearance this evening, fighting Jason Brilz on the main card of UFC 129 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Matyushenko shared his thoughts about facing Brilz, speaking on LowKick.com’s Split Decision Podcast. “The Janitor” is currently 25-5 in his Mixed Martial Arts career, having his professional debut almost fourteen years ago at IFC 5 – Battle in the Bayou. In his last fight, Matyushenko defeated the debutant Alexandre Ferreira via TKO in Round 1.
Photo: UFC fighter Vladimir Matyushenko at the San Diego Sports Arena on August 1, 2010, in San Diego, California. Francis Specker