- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Teddy Holder vs. Thiago Silva Video Highlights
- Drew Dober Returns To Face Efrain Escudero At UFC 188
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
Vitor Belfort refuses to fight abroad, as the UFC tune-up a Silva vs Sonnen rematch for late December
It looks like the uncertainty around who will be Anderson Silva’s next opponent, finally clears up. Self-proclaimed number one contender for a shot at Silva’s title, Vitor Belfort, recently revealed to Sherdog.com that he refused to participate in UFC’s Germany event (UFC 122), claiming that he’s too tired traveling from one country to another. Belfort also wrote a message on his Twitter account, promising that he will still fight in November (probably UFC 123 on Nov. 20th), not against Chael Sonnen:
“I talked to Lorenzo (Fertitta) this week and will return in November. I just asked him to not be (on the November card in Germany). I’m tired of traveling. I would like to return to fighting here in America. According to my conversation with Lorenzo, my opponent will not be Sonnen, but another guy that will be decided soon.
With the help of Shawn Tompkins, Ray Sefo and all the partners here, I hope to reach my best shape soon. I am eager to return to my training routine as well as very happy here.”
Less than 24 hours after Vitor Belfort’s message on Twitter, LA Times Journalist Lance Pugmire stated that the Ultimate Fighting Championship are currently lining up a New Year’s Eve or SuperBowl rematch between Anderson Silva and Chael Sonnen. If true, this means that Vitor Belfort will square off against Yushin Okami, in what seems like a legit #1 Contender fight for the shot at the UFC Middleweight Title.
Stay tuned to LowKick.com for more UFC news as they happen.