- UFC 178 Donald Cerrone vs Eddie Alvarez Highlights
- UFC 178: Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier Highlights
- UFC 178: Demetrious Johnson vs Chris Cariaso Highlights
- UFC 178 Post-Fight Bonuses: Cruz, McGregor Bank $50,000
- Tim Kennedy Will Appeal UFC 178 Loss To Yoel Romero
- UFC 178: Watch Dominick Cruz Destroy Takeya Mizugaki To Earn Next Title Shot
- UFC 178 Prelims Results: Dominick Cruz Dominates Takeya Mizugaki
- UFC 178 Main Card Results: McGregor Scores First Round Finish
Vitor Belfort calls out Chael Sonnen, Sonnen offers reply
By now we all know that Chael Sonnen has a, shall we say, special relationship with many Brazilian fighters.
If, by chance, you are unfamiliar with Sonnen’s interaction with these Brazilian fighters, the short story is he likes to take verbal shots at many of the countries biggest stars. Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Silva, Antonio Silva, the Nogueira brothers, and Jose Aldo have all heard from the acerbic Mr. Sonnen in the recent past.
One fighter that has maybe heard enough from Sonnen is Vitor Belfort, who recently spoke to Tatame and offered the following:
“I hope I can fight him. Let’s get this trashtalker… I think it’s the perfect timing, he’s a good opponent and it’s a fight that everybody wants to see. Even if Anderson (Silva) wants that fight, I believe he (Anderson) would give me this fight as a gift. I really want to fight him. If he wants to fight Anderson, I’d be a great test for him.” Belfort then added, “I’d pound him out… Let’s hope he wins this fight and the UFC puts him against me. That’s the fight everybody wants to see.”- see Tatame.com for the complete interview.
Belfort was recently forced from UFC 139 with an injury. He was scheduled to face Cung Le on that fight card, but will be replaced by Wanderlei Silva. For his part, Sonnen will face Brian Stann at UFC 136. Belfort is expected to be back in action sometime in December.
Sonnen did respond to Belfort’s words via Twitter:
Hey Vitor, take my name out of your mouth until you show up for half as many fights as you pullout of.
The fight everyone WANTS to see is two good fighters vs each other. That rules out you, and everybody you have beat since ’05.
Further Reading: UFC 139: Vitor Belfort out, Wanderlei Silva to face Cung Le