- Jacare: It’s My Time, I Can Finish Anybody In The Division
- UFC on FOX 15: Jacare Souza vs. Chris Camozzi Full Fight Video Highlights
- Max Holloway: I Want That Win Back Over Conor McGregor
- Luke Rockhold Promises To Choke Chris Weidman At Madison Square Garden
- UFC on FOX 15: Paige VanZant vs. Felice Herrig Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC on FOX 15: Luke Rockhold vs. Lyoto Machida Full Fight Video Highlights
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Vitor Belfort calls out Chael Sonnen, Sonnen offers reply
By now we all know that Chael Sonnen has a, shall we say, special relationship with many Brazilian fighters.
If, by chance, you are unfamiliar with Sonnen’s interaction with these Brazilian fighters, the short story is he likes to take verbal shots at many of the countries biggest stars. Anderson Silva, Wanderlei Silva, Antonio Silva, the Nogueira brothers, and Jose Aldo have all heard from the acerbic Mr. Sonnen in the recent past.
One fighter that has maybe heard enough from Sonnen is Vitor Belfort, who recently spoke to Tatame and offered the following:
“I hope I can fight him. Let’s get this trashtalker… I think it’s the perfect timing, he’s a good opponent and it’s a fight that everybody wants to see. Even if Anderson (Silva) wants that fight, I believe he (Anderson) would give me this fight as a gift. I really want to fight him. If he wants to fight Anderson, I’d be a great test for him.” Belfort then added, “I’d pound him out… Let’s hope he wins this fight and the UFC puts him against me. That’s the fight everybody wants to see.”- see Tatame.com for the complete interview.
Belfort was recently forced from UFC 139 with an injury. He was scheduled to face Cung Le on that fight card, but will be replaced by Wanderlei Silva. For his part, Sonnen will face Brian Stann at UFC 136. Belfort is expected to be back in action sometime in December.
Sonnen did respond to Belfort’s words via Twitter:
Hey Vitor, take my name out of your mouth until you show up for half as many fights as you pullout of.
The fight everyone WANTS to see is two good fighters vs each other. That rules out you, and everybody you have beat since ’05.
Further Reading: UFC 139: Vitor Belfort out, Wanderlei Silva to face Cung Le