- Cat Zingano Planned For A Dog Fight, Not A 14-Second Defeat
- Brock Lesnar Was In Attendance At UFC 184
- UFC 184 Highlights: Jake Ellenberger vs. Josh Koscheck
- UFC 184 Highlights: Alan Jouban vs. Richard Walsh
- Who’s Next For Ronda Rousey?
- Poll: Will Ronda Rousey Retire Undefeated?
- Anderson Silva To Admit PED Use
- UFC 184 Highlights: Watch Ronda Rousey Destroy Cat Zingano With Record-Setting Finish
- UFC 184 Post-Fight Bonuses: Ronda Rousey Headlines Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 184 Main Card Live Results: Ronda Rousey Scores Fastest UFC Title Fight Finish In History
Valasquez: "I had already arrived"
Many were shocked last week with his massive upset win over Antonio Minatauro Nogueira at UFC 110 only last week, it seems the only one not shocked was Cain Velasquez himself. While many were shocked at how quickly he made his serious statement, only 8 fights into his MMA career, Cain himself wasn’t at all;
“I think I had already arrived a while ago. But I do think this proves I’m among the great fighters in this sport. I think I’m up there. We’ve got to see what happens with Frank Mir fighting Shane Carwin this month, but I think I’m right up there, and depending on what happens when they fight, I might be next in line for the heavyweight title. I’m ready. I think I’ve been ready for a while. The way this sport works is you’ve just got to prove yourself when you get the chance. I want to fight the best so I can be the best.”
When asked about a possible match against Lesnar, and how his technique would match up against the former WWE-wrestler, Valasquez added;
“I don’t know what I do better but I do know I’d be ready. I know what I can do, I know I train with really tough guys, and I know I’d prepare myself to give him a really good fight — I think it would be a really good fight between us. I think I’d have to wear him out for the first two or three rounds, because he’s so big and strong. I’d need to be weary of him at the beginning. I think that’d be my best option, trying to do that. He’s a great athlete, and he has wrestled in the NCAAs, and you have to be a top athlete to do that, but I think that would be my best bet.”