- Matt Mitrione Views Andrei Arlovski As ‘The Next Step’
- Machida vs. Dollaway Scheduled For UFC Fight Night 58
- Coach: Hendricks About 85 Percent, Looking To Return In February
- Ronda Rousey: I’m Sure ‘Cyborg’ Will Dope As Long As Possible Before Coming To UFC
- UFN 50 Medical Suspensions: ‘Jacare’ & Rothwell Out Indefinitely
Urijah Faber says "point-fighter" Dominick Cruz should be grateful he’s alive
Top Bantamweight contender Urijah Faber, who will challenge Dominick Cruz for the Bantamweight title in July, responds to recent remarks made by the champion, and looks back on their two previous encounters. Faber concedes that Cruz is talented, but insists that he is a point-fighter and should be grateful that he’s alive.
“I mean, come on, let’s be realistic here. I don’t understand the way he’s fighting, so I’m frustrated and I’m saying bad stuff about it? The guy’s a good fighter. He’s good at what he does, which is scoring some points. He’s not dangerous. He’s not scary. I knocked him down three different times in three different rounds. He had 11 takedown attempts and basically got one and a half and that’s about it. So, if the guy thinks I don’t know how to beat him – I already did beat him!
He’s alive right now because there are rules in MMA, and I had to release his neck and let him breathe. So, you’re welcome Dominick Cruz – for giving you life and letting you live. Next time, I’m going to do the same thing. I’m going to let you live, but it’s going to be painful.”
Further Reading: TUF 15 LIVE: Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber Video Promo