- Cat Zingano Planned For A Dog Fight, Not A 14-Second Defeat
- Brock Lesnar Was In Attendance At UFC 184
- UFC 184 Highlights: Jake Ellenberger vs. Josh Koscheck
- UFC 184 Highlights: Alan Jouban vs. Richard Walsh
- Who’s Next For Ronda Rousey?
- Poll: Will Ronda Rousey Retire Undefeated?
- Anderson Silva To Admit PED Use
- UFC 184 Highlights: Watch Ronda Rousey Destroy Cat Zingano With Record-Setting Finish
- UFC 184 Post-Fight Bonuses: Ronda Rousey Headlines Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 184 Main Card Live Results: Ronda Rousey Scores Fastest UFC Title Fight Finish In History
UFC on Versus 4: Cheick Kongo delivers KO of the Year candidate against Pat Barry
Octagon veteran Cheick Kongo came from behind against Pat Barry to deliver one of the most spectacular finishes in the history of Mixed Martial Arts.
Barry was in control during the first minutes of the fight, thanks to powerful kicks and good distance – timing management. Kongo responded with leg strikes of his own, but was unable to get in control against Barry. Towards the middle of Round 1, Pat Barry connected with a perfect combination that knocked down Cheick Kongo, but the referee Dan Miragliotta refused to stop the fight. Kongo managed to defend the attack, but found himself knocked down again after series of strikes from Pat Barry, and again Miragliotta let the fight continue.
Then, the unexpected happened. Cheick Kongo connected with right hook directly on Pat Barry’s ear. “HD” went off balance, as Kongo followed with a vicious uppercut that sent his opponent motionless down to the canvas. This time Dan Miraglitta stepped in to stop the action, in what was cleary one of the most spectacular and unexpected finishes in MMA history. Pat Barry was out cold, and needed a few good minutes to get back into our universe.
Cheick Kongo won KO of the Night an improved his MMA record to 16-6-2. What’s next for the Frenchman? Matt Mitrione, Travis Browne and Shane Carwin all look like an interesting options.
Photo: Francis Specker