- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
- Anderson Silva Talks Conor McGregor: You Have To Promote The Right Way, With Respect
- Lyoto Machida Believes Luke Rockhold’s Weakness Is Striking
- Brendan Schaub Moves Down To Light Heavyweight For Next Fight
- Dana White Reveals Jose Aldo Went Crazy After McGregor Slapped Him On Back
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II Will Still Happen
- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
UFC on Fox 2: Rashad Evans dominates Phil Davis, sets up grudge match with Jon Jones
The highly anticipated showdown between Rashad Evans and Light Heavyweight Champion Jon “Bones” Jones is now set to take place after “Suga” defeated Phil Davis tonight in Chicago to reaffirm his place as the division’s top contender.
As things got underway, pre-fight questions regarding which of the two former collegiate athletes were the better wrestler were quickly answered, as Davis’ persistent attempts to take Evans to the mat were denied. Forced to stand with his more experienced opponent, Davis looked to keep Evans at the end of his long limbs, but was consistently countered and beaten to the punch.
Perhaps the biggest change in momentum, however, came when Evans was able to catch a Davis kick, using it to plant him on his back before improving to crucifix position and landing damaging hammer fists – a method he would find success implementing on multiple occasions throughout the bout.
Though Davis would eventually find success dragging Evans to the mat in the latter stages of the fight, it was short-lived, as “Suga” immediately regained his footing and continued to outstrike the Alliance MMA fighter to the tune of 77-47 total landed.
Victorious via unanimous decision, Evans improves to 17-1-1 in his professional career and will move on to challenge reigning 205-pound kingpin Jon “Bones” Jones at UFC 145 in a grudge match that has been in the making since early 2011.