- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
UFC on Fox 2 Press Conference: Chael Sonnen has three questions for Bisping
UFC President Dana White, alongside Saturday’s main card competitors, was in attendance today at the W Chicago in Chicago, Illinois for the UFC on Fox 2 Pre-Fight Press Conference. The stacked card will be headline by a Light Heavyweight showdown between former division champion Rashad Evans and top contender Phil Davis, while former Middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen takes on the U.K.’s Michael Bisping. Also featured will be a second 185-pound clash, pitting Demian Maia against Chris Weidman, and Chicago’s own Mike Russow meets Golden-Glory stand-out John-Olav Einemo.
• I’m definitely excited to be fighting on a regular basis again. When I win this fight, I’m looking to fight again as soon as possible. I’m looking to get as many fights as I can before the gas runs out.
• When you talk about fighting, a fight is a fight. It’s easier to fight when you don’t like somebody. I’ve got nothing against Phil. I’ve got to fight him so I’ve got a lot against him right now. So, it’s not really personal, but it’s personal.
• (Speaking to Davis) If we wrestled in college, I guarantee I would have beat you. If we wrestled right now, I guarantee I’d beat you. Your technique is trash. You can’t win on an international stage because you have trash technique. I watched you wrestle in college and it was trash.
• There’s no disrespect. This man is the outright number one contender and he’s not going to be the number one contender anymore after this weekend. I’m used to being the underdog in MMA. Everyone I’ve ever fought has always had more experience. These are odds I’m used to.
• Cocaine is a hell of a drug. It’s crazy what the kids do now days. I encourage imagination and it’s good that he has that, but no. He’ll never beat me in wrestling, not thumb wrestling, not anything of the sort. You guys that have not wrestled, we were in the same divisions, similar weight classes. I was a four time All-American.
• It felt bad, I really wanted to (fight Evans) in front of everyone, but now I get to fight him on Fox and embarrass him in front of everybody.
• For those of you that can’t see, this is the world championship title that I took from Anderson Silva. And in this country, possession is nine-tenths of the law. So, finders keepers, losers weepers. If he wants it back, he knows where to find me.
• I believe that I am the true champion, and this is the true belt. I took his belt from Anderson like a gangster in the night. If he wants it back, he can come get it. He’s as relevant as Mike Tyson.
• I wasn’t much of a pro wrestling guy (growing up). I was a Sugar Ray Leonard guy – Marvin Haggler, Duran. We didn’t have cable TV. my dad said we couldn’t get it where we lived, even though all of our friends had it. Then I find out we were just really poor. But, I did go over to neighbors’ house to watch Sugar Ray fight.
• I have three questions for Bisping: First, whatcha gonna do when you know who, how you gonna deal with the man of steel, and how you gonna react to Sonnen’s attack?
• Of course, (Chael’s) the best boxer. He’s Muhammed Ali, he’s the champ, he’s everything. And I’m just a guy from England trying to fight him, what chance do I have? Let’s be honest, I’ll outbox him every night of the week. He’s a great wrestler, I’m a great boxer.
• I think it’s going to be fantastic. Chael’s a great fighter, I’m a great fighter, and I’m sure there’s going to be a lot of energy. Whether it positive or negative, I feed off of the energy, and I’m sure there’s going to be a lot of it.
• This wouldn’t be the first time that I’m the underdog in a fight, and it wouldn’t be the first time I proved them wrong. The best fighter doesn’t always win, it’s the guy that fights best, and I’m going to win. And he can keep his fake belt and shove it up his a–.
• I like Chael, he’s funny. And he’s a very good athlete. He has proven that against Anderson, and after Anderson, against Stann, he did very well. I hope one day we can fight again, for the title. For his title (points at Chael’s replica belt).
• I heard he said he wants to go to the ground, but fighters say things before the fight, but once it starts, things change. I cannot be concerned with that, I need to be prepared to fight any place.
• I’m definitely comfortable taking it to the ground if that’s what ends up happening. It’s going to start on the feet, and I’m going to do what I usually do, walk forward and throw punches, and if the opportunity presents itself, I’ll take it to the ground.
• I don’t see this fight as a no-lose situation. I have to win this fight in my eyes. If I lose this fight, it’s do or die for me. If I look at it that way, it gives me an excuse to lose.