- UFC 187 Keeps Growing: Uriah Hall Set To Meet Rafael Natal
- Ronda Rousey Won’t Say She’s Incapable Of Beating Anyone
- Vitor Belfort: I Was Tested Seven Times For My Fight With Weidman – Was He?
- Conor McGregor: Zingano Looked Rushed
- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
UFC 143 Results: Fabricio Werdum defeats Roy Nelson via Unanimous Decision
MMA veteran Fabricio Werdum returned to the UFC against “Big Country” Roy Nelson, in what served as the co-main event of UFC 143 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Werdum defeated Nelson via Unanimous Decision after three grueling rounds, getting himself on track for a shot at the UFC Heavyweight title.
The fight started with Fabricio Werdum surprisingly getting Roy Nelson‘s back for a Rear Naked Choke, but TUF 10 managed to find his way out of one trouble, only to find himself in another. Werdum was able to get a Muay Thai clinch on Roy Nelson, unleashing “knees from hell”, with sights on getting a quick finish. But once again, Nelson survived the onslaught, as the fight continued.
Big Country had his moments in the fight as well. Nelson was able to rock Werdum on several occasions, but the “big picture” was still the same; Fabricio Werdum had advantage in every aspect of Mixed Martial Arts. Roy Nelson ended the fight with a crimson mask on his face, while “Vai Cavalo” celebrated a clean Unanimous Decision victory.