- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
UFC 141: Alistair Overeem demolishes Brock Lesnar in Round 1
Overeem pressured Lesnar from the first seconds of the fight, punishing the former UFC Heavyweight Champion with brutal knees and kicks to the mid-section. Lesnar tried to respond with strikes of his own and managed to cut The Reem during one of the exchanges, but it was all Alistair Overeem inside the Octagon.
The turning point of the fight was when Brock Lesnar tried to execute a single-leg takedown. Overeem defended well, signaling Lesnar that the fight will go in stand-up. Lesnar tried to demonstrate that he’s not afraid to get hit, but Overeem’s kick to the liver was too much for the former WWE star. Lesnar turtled up, as “The Demolition Man” rained down fight-finishing ground and pound.
Overeem earned his shot at the UFC Heavyweight title, currently held by Junior “Cigano” dos Santos. The Reem is now 36-11 in his MMA campaign, with sights on a long reign of terror in the UFC.