- UFC Fight Night 52 Results: Hunt Knocks Out Nelson
- UFC Fight Night 52 Post Fight Press Conference
- Bellator 125 Results Recap: Melvin Manhoef Manhandles Marshall
- Wanderlei Silva Retires From Fighting, Blames The UFC
- “Rumble” Suspended Indefinitely, Thiago Silva Cut Amongst Domestic Violence Allegations
UFC 141: Alistair Overeem demolishes Brock Lesnar in Round 1
Overeem pressured Lesnar from the first seconds of the fight, punishing the former UFC Heavyweight Champion with brutal knees and kicks to the mid-section. Lesnar tried to respond with strikes of his own and managed to cut The Reem during one of the exchanges, but it was all Alistair Overeem inside the Octagon.
The turning point of the fight was when Brock Lesnar tried to execute a single-leg takedown. Overeem defended well, signaling Lesnar that the fight will go in stand-up. Lesnar tried to demonstrate that he’s not afraid to get hit, but Overeem’s kick to the liver was too much for the former WWE star. Lesnar turtled up, as “The Demolition Man” rained down fight-finishing ground and pound.
Overeem earned his shot at the UFC Heavyweight title, currently held by Junior “Cigano” dos Santos. The Reem is now 36-11 in his MMA campaign, with sights on a long reign of terror in the UFC.