- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
UFC 139: Urijah Faber secures another shot at the UFC Bantamweight title
MMA veteran and former WEC Featherweight Champion Urijah “The California Kid” Faber secured his second shot at the UFC Bantamweight title, thanks to a victory over Brian Bowles as part of the UFC 139 main card action.
Faber looked more aggressive from the first minutes of the fight, with Brian Bowles countering with the best he has to offer. Bowles survived a few submission attempts and managed to execute several striking combinations, but it was all Urijah Faber going after Dominick Cruz‘s belt. Faber got Bowles rocked in Round 2, before locking a super tight Guillotine Choke. Faber squeezed hard and rolled over different angles, leaving Bowles no choice but to tap out.
Urijah Faber improves his record to 26-5, successfully bouncing back from the controversial decision loss to Dominick Cruz at UFC 132. Faber will now get his shot at revenge, while at the age of 32 this could be his last chance to become a champion in the UFC.