- Chris Weidman: “It Just Sucks” That Anderson Silva Took Steroids
- Invicta FC 11: “Cyborg” Pockets 15 x Tweet’s Salary
- Ronda Rousey Wants To Fight Bethe Correia in Brazil
- Ohio Prosecutor Drops Alleged Assault Case Against Matt Brown
- UFC May Be Targeting Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir 3 For Madison Square Garden
- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- UFC 187 Keeps Growing: Uriah Hall Faces Rafael Natal
- Ronda Rousey Won’t Say She’s Incapable Of Beating Anyone
- Vitor Belfort: I Was Tested Seven Times For My Fight With Weidman – Was He?
- Conor McGregor: Zingano Looked Rushed
UFC 139: Urijah Faber secures another shot at the UFC Bantamweight title
MMA veteran and former WEC Featherweight Champion Urijah “The California Kid” Faber secured his second shot at the UFC Bantamweight title, thanks to a victory over Brian Bowles as part of the UFC 139 main card action.
Faber looked more aggressive from the first minutes of the fight, with Brian Bowles countering with the best he has to offer. Bowles survived a few submission attempts and managed to execute several striking combinations, but it was all Urijah Faber going after Dominick Cruz‘s belt. Faber got Bowles rocked in Round 2, before locking a super tight Guillotine Choke. Faber squeezed hard and rolled over different angles, leaving Bowles no choice but to tap out.
Urijah Faber improves his record to 26-5, successfully bouncing back from the controversial decision loss to Dominick Cruz at UFC 132. Faber will now get his shot at revenge, while at the age of 32 this could be his last chance to become a champion in the UFC.