- Merry Christmas Zuffa! Vera & Garza File Class Action Suit
- Have Wrestlers Taken Over MMA For Good?
- Donald Cerrone On Anthony Pettis: The Son Of A B—- Beat Me
- UFC 182 Video Round Up: Free Fights & Previews
- Hector Lombard Says He Wants To Fight Michael Bisping
- Jose Aldo: We Practically Pay To Fight In The UFC
- Dominick Cruz Shoots Down Retirement Talk: I’m Not Going To Allow It To Stop Me
UFC 134: Silva vs. Okami Compustrike Preview
Anderson Silva and Yushin Okami first met back in January 20th 2006 at Rumble on The Rock 8 in Hawaii. MMA was different back then and so were the two fighters that will meet this Saturday in Rio. Yushin Okami was a much skinner version of himself and “The Spider” wasn’t the dominate champion that he is today. After being disqualified from that fight due to an illegal upkick, Ando has been on a fourteen fight winning streak and has become one of the most dominate forces in Mixed Martial Arts. August 27th everything will be coming back full circle and unfinished business will finally be settled.
Our good friends from Compustrike keep track of every strike, every takedown, and submission attempt. Let’s take a look at the notes and for further info you can always go to compustrike.com.
Key notes from both fighters:
Silva’s opponents were successful on just 28% of their takedown attempts (11 of 40)
Okami was successful on 21 of 32 takedown attempts (66%)
Silva has a balanced attack: of his 436 total strikes landed, 135 were arm strikes; 147 were leg strikes & 154 were ground strikes