- TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II Will Still Happen
- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
- Conor McGregor: Everything I Touch Turns To Gold
- Anderson Silva Says Another Title Run Possible If He Has The Opportunity
- Claudia Gadelha Injured, Out Of UFC Fight Night 64
- Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor Doesn’t Like It When The Tables Are Turned
- Cyborg’s Attempt To Make Bantamweight Back On For Next Fight
- Dana White Not Optimistic About GSP Return: He Hasn’t Been Hungry For A Long Time
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
UFC 134: Silva vs. Okami Compustrike Preview
Anderson Silva and Yushin Okami first met back in January 20th 2006 at Rumble on The Rock 8 in Hawaii. MMA was different back then and so were the two fighters that will meet this Saturday in Rio. Yushin Okami was a much skinner version of himself and “The Spider” wasn’t the dominate champion that he is today. After being disqualified from that fight due to an illegal upkick, Ando has been on a fourteen fight winning streak and has become one of the most dominate forces in Mixed Martial Arts. August 27th everything will be coming back full circle and unfinished business will finally be settled.
Our good friends from Compustrike keep track of every strike, every takedown, and submission attempt. Let’s take a look at the notes and for further info you can always go to compustrike.com.
Key notes from both fighters:
Silva’s opponents were successful on just 28% of their takedown attempts (11 of 40)
Okami was successful on 21 of 32 takedown attempts (66%)
Silva has a balanced attack: of his 436 total strikes landed, 135 were arm strikes; 147 were leg strikes & 154 were ground strikes