- Albuquerque Police Issue Felony Warrant, Jon Jones To Turn Himself In
- Poll: How Should The UFC Punish Jon Jones?
- Read The Official Police Report From Jon Jones’ Hit-And-Run
- Tim Kennedy: ‘Karate Is Dead, Rockhold Destroyed Machida Effortlessly’
- Jon Jones Update: Police Found Marijuana, Pipe After ‘Bones’ Fled Scene
- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
UFC 134: Silva vs. Okami Compustrike Preview
Anderson Silva and Yushin Okami first met back in January 20th 2006 at Rumble on The Rock 8 in Hawaii. MMA was different back then and so were the two fighters that will meet this Saturday in Rio. Yushin Okami was a much skinner version of himself and “The Spider” wasn’t the dominate champion that he is today. After being disqualified from that fight due to an illegal upkick, Ando has been on a fourteen fight winning streak and has become one of the most dominate forces in Mixed Martial Arts. August 27th everything will be coming back full circle and unfinished business will finally be settled.
Our good friends from Compustrike keep track of every strike, every takedown, and submission attempt. Let’s take a look at the notes and for further info you can always go to compustrike.com.
Key notes from both fighters:
Silva’s opponents were successful on just 28% of their takedown attempts (11 of 40)
Okami was successful on 21 of 32 takedown attempts (66%)
Silva has a balanced attack: of his 436 total strikes landed, 135 were arm strikes; 147 were leg strikes & 154 were ground strikes