- Ian McCall vs John Lineker Official For UFC 183
- UFC Rankings Report: Edgar, Barboza Trending Upward
- Ben Rothwell Tells ‘Brain Damaged’ Alistair Overeem To Stay Out Of The Media
- Alexander Gustafsson & Anthony Johnson Work Out In Sweden
- Quote: Frankie Edgar Outstruck Jose Aldo For Three Rounds
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Urijah Faber: TJ Dillashaw & Chad Mendes Could Both Beat Jose Aldo
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
UFC 129: St. Pierre vs. Shields Bonuses and Attendance
UFC 129 promised and delivered a monumental fight card from the Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Reigning Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre put on yet another five-round clinic in the headlining bout, defeating challenger Jake Shields via unanimous decision. The co-main event featured the promotional debut of Featherweight champ Jose Aldo, who also retained his title after going the distance in a back and forth battle with Mark Hominick. Both Lyoto Machida and Vladimir Matyushenko scored dramatic knockout victories in their respective bouts, while Ben Henderson proved his worth, outpointing an always tough Mark Bocek.
The UFC awarded generous $129,000 bonuses to the night’s top performers, who were announced by Dana White immediately following the event.
Live Gate: 12.075 Million
Full Results (via FightoftheNight.com):
Georges St.Pierre defeats Jake Shields by unanimous decision (50-45, 48-47, 48-47)
Jake Ellenberger defeats Sean Pierson by KO at 2.42mins of Rd1
Ivan Menjivar defeats Charlie Valencia by TKO at 1.30mins of Rd1
John Makdessi defeats Kyle Watson by KO (spinning backfist) at 1.27mins of Rd3
Pablo Garza defeats Yves Jabouin by submission (triangle choke) at 4.31mins of Rd1
Photo: Vancouver Sun