- Will Ronda Rousey vs. Cris “Cyborg” Justino Ever Happen?
- Burt Watson Denies Resignation Had Anything To Do With Rousey, White & Munoz
- Ronda Rousey: Me Fighting Men Is Not A Reality
- Chris Weidman: “It Just Sucks” That Anderson Silva Took Steroids
- Invicta FC 11: “Cyborg” Pockets 15 x Tweet’s Salary
- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
UFC 129: St. Pierre vs. Shields Bonuses and Attendance
UFC 129 promised and delivered a monumental fight card from the Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Reigning Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre put on yet another five-round clinic in the headlining bout, defeating challenger Jake Shields via unanimous decision. The co-main event featured the promotional debut of Featherweight champ Jose Aldo, who also retained his title after going the distance in a back and forth battle with Mark Hominick. Both Lyoto Machida and Vladimir Matyushenko scored dramatic knockout victories in their respective bouts, while Ben Henderson proved his worth, outpointing an always tough Mark Bocek.
The UFC awarded generous $129,000 bonuses to the night’s top performers, who were announced by Dana White immediately following the event.
Live Gate: 12.075 Million
Full Results (via FightoftheNight.com):
Georges St.Pierre defeats Jake Shields by unanimous decision (50-45, 48-47, 48-47)
Jake Ellenberger defeats Sean Pierson by KO at 2.42mins of Rd1
Ivan Menjivar defeats Charlie Valencia by TKO at 1.30mins of Rd1
John Makdessi defeats Kyle Watson by KO (spinning backfist) at 1.27mins of Rd3
Pablo Garza defeats Yves Jabouin by submission (triangle choke) at 4.31mins of Rd1
Photo: Vancouver Sun