- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
- Conor McGregor: Everything I Touch Turns To Gold
- Anderson Silva Says Another Title Run Possible If He Has The Opportunity
- Claudia Gadelha Injured, Out Of UFC Fight Night 64
- Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor Doesn’t Like It When The Tables Are Turned
- Cyborg’s Attempt To Make Bantamweight Back On For Next Fight
- Dana White Not Optimistic About GSP Return: He Hasn’t Been Hungry For A Long Time
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
UFC 128 Resluts: Schaub KO’s Cro Cop
UFC Heavyweight prospect Brendan “The Hybrid” Schaub KO’d Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic in the opening main card bout of the UFC 128 fight card, at the Purdential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The knockout came in the third round, just 60 seconds before the end of the fight.
Schaub enjoyed a strong opening in the first round, thanks to an effective ground and pound from the top. It looked like the former TUF 10 cast member is going to finish the business in Round 2, but Cro Cop managed to bounce back and regain control inside the Octagon. Filipovic proved his versatility in the clinch, by cutting Schaub and possibly breaking his nose in process.
Cro Cop continued to pressure Schaub in Round 3, but this time “The Hybrid” managed to time in a perfect counter punch that sent the legend senseless down to the canvas. It’s Cro Cop’s second consecutive KO, and can surely be the last time we have seen him inside the Octagon.
As for Schaub, “The Hybrid” improved his MMA record to 8-1. Grudge Training Center product is surely in the right direction for a shot at the title, with probably the winner of Mir-Nelson match-up being his next opponent.