- Cris Cyborg Return Set For Same Weekend & City As Ronda Rousey
- Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor Postponed Until Mid-Summer
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz Fight Breakdown
- Akira Corassani Announces Retirement From MMA
- Did A Head Butt Cause Alexander Gustafsson To Lose In Sweden?
- Daniel Cormier Wants To Fight Alexander Gustafsson In Louisiana
- Jon Jones Unveils His Light Heavyweight Top Five
- Dan Henderson Stoppage Reportedly Saved His Vision At UFC on FOX 14
UFC 128 Resluts: Schaub KO’s Cro Cop
UFC Heavyweight prospect Brendan “The Hybrid” Schaub KO’d Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic in the opening main card bout of the UFC 128 fight card, at the Purdential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The knockout came in the third round, just 60 seconds before the end of the fight.
Schaub enjoyed a strong opening in the first round, thanks to an effective ground and pound from the top. It looked like the former TUF 10 cast member is going to finish the business in Round 2, but Cro Cop managed to bounce back and regain control inside the Octagon. Filipovic proved his versatility in the clinch, by cutting Schaub and possibly breaking his nose in process.
Cro Cop continued to pressure Schaub in Round 3, but this time “The Hybrid” managed to time in a perfect counter punch that sent the legend senseless down to the canvas. It’s Cro Cop’s second consecutive KO, and can surely be the last time we have seen him inside the Octagon.
As for Schaub, “The Hybrid” improved his MMA record to 8-1. Grudge Training Center product is surely in the right direction for a shot at the title, with probably the winner of Mir-Nelson match-up being his next opponent.