- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 3
- Invicta FC 12: Kankaanpaa vs. Souza Results
- Noncommittal About Return, Georges St. Pierre ‘Taking It Slow’ In Training
- UFC 186 Weigh-In Results: Title Fight Official In Canada
- UFC 186 LowKick Predictions
- ONE Championship 26 Results: Askren vs. Santos Ends In No Contest Following Eyepoke
- UFC 186: Georges St-Pierre And Rory MacDonald Q&A
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 2
- ‘Grown Up’ Rampage Thinks If Anyone Can Knock Out Maldonado, It’s Him
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
UFC 128 Resluts: Schaub KO’s Cro Cop
UFC Heavyweight prospect Brendan “The Hybrid” Schaub KO’d Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic in the opening main card bout of the UFC 128 fight card, at the Purdential Center in Newark, New Jersey. The knockout came in the third round, just 60 seconds before the end of the fight.
Schaub enjoyed a strong opening in the first round, thanks to an effective ground and pound from the top. It looked like the former TUF 10 cast member is going to finish the business in Round 2, but Cro Cop managed to bounce back and regain control inside the Octagon. Filipovic proved his versatility in the clinch, by cutting Schaub and possibly breaking his nose in process.
Cro Cop continued to pressure Schaub in Round 3, but this time “The Hybrid” managed to time in a perfect counter punch that sent the legend senseless down to the canvas. It’s Cro Cop’s second consecutive KO, and can surely be the last time we have seen him inside the Octagon.
As for Schaub, “The Hybrid” improved his MMA record to 8-1. Grudge Training Center product is surely in the right direction for a shot at the title, with probably the winner of Mir-Nelson match-up being his next opponent.