- UFC 178: Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier Highlights
- UFC 178: Demetrious Johnson vs Chris Cariaso Highlights
- UFC 178 Post-Fight Bonuses: Cruz, McGregor Bank $50,000
- Tim Kennedy Will Appeal UFC 178 Loss To Yoel Romero
- UFC 178: Watch Dominick Cruz Destroy Takeya Mizugaki To Earn Next Title Shot
- UFC 178 Prelims Results: Dominick Cruz Dominates Takeya Mizugaki
- UFC 178 Main Card Results: McGregor Scores First Round Finish
UFC 128 CompuStrike Preview: Wrestling is the key for Jon Jones
UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Mauricio “Shogun” Rua will defend his title for the first time this weekend, facing the wunderkind in the Greg Jackson product Jon “Bones” Jones. According to the veteran statistics provider CompuStrike, Jon Jones‘ main weapon is his incredible wrestling skills, which translate into 91% successful takedown attempts. Rua is relatively easy to take down, with only 10% of defended attempts.
If Jones fails in his goal to take the action to the ground, he will have to deal with a ferocious striker in Shogun Rua. The Brazilian is better in virtually every aspect of striking, with twice as much power strikes than Jon Jones per fight.
Here’s some key facts:
Rua landed twice as many arm strikes as Jones, landing 45% to Jones’ 29%
Rua’s five UFC opponents were successful on 9 of 10 takedown attempts (90%)
Jones’ opponents were unsuccessful on all nine takedown attempts
Jones was on the feet for 70% of his seven UFC fights