- UFC 181 Extended Video Preview
- Poll: Has Robbie Lawler Improved Enough To Beat Johny Hendricks?
- Nick Diaz Says He Would Have Failed Drug Test After GSP Fight
- UFC Fight Night 57 Super Slo-Mo Highlights
- Matt Brown: What The F–k Has Conor Done Compared To Frankie?
- “Rumble” Thinks Alexander Gustafsson Is As Dangerous As Jon Jones
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
UFC 111 Preliminary card to be shown on Spike TV
The UFC 111 main card which features George St.Pierre vs Dan Hardy and Frank Mir v Shane Carwin which on their own will make the event undoubtably one of the best of the year.At 9;00PM(ET)/8;00PM(PT) the undercard fights will air on Spike TV with some commercial interruption while the main card will air at 10pm (ET)/9PM(PT) on PPV.
There are some good fights set for the prelim card including a welterweight bout between TUF 5 favorite Matt “The Immortal” Brown and New Jersey based fighter Ricardo Big Dog’ Almeida who will have the hometown advantage in this fight,but he faces a challenge in Brown who ha enjoyed a 4-1 record in the UFC, on a 3fight win streak, ‘The Immortal’ has finished all his fights by TKO or submission.
This streak includes wins over Ryan Thomas,Pete Sell and James Wilks. While his opponent,Almeida is on a two fight win streak entering the bout including a win over Kendall Grove at UFC 101 last August. His natural weight is MW but he hopes to make an impact at WW.
Also there is another televised bout at WW between Rory Markham and Nate diaz. Markham’s 16-5 record boasts 11 knockouts and 5 submissions an incredible record which has kept the judges out of work throughout the whole of his career,with heavy hands and good submission skills he wil hope to have enough to stop Nate Diaz(11-5).
Diaz who won season 5 of TUF is based in California and has built up a record of 6-3 in his UFC in 3 years. In this fight Diaz,who is moving from lightweight to welterweight in this bout,was tutored in Jiu-Jitsu by Ceaser Gracie and will be hoping to negate Markham’s devistating KO power on the night.
All in all the UFC 111 event promises great fights and action on Spike and PPV.