- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light-Heavyweight Champ?
- Jon Jones Reacts To Anthony Johnson’s Win Over Alexander Gustafsson On Twitter
- UFC on FOX 14: Gegard Mousasi vs. Dan Henderson Highlights
- UFC on FOX 14: Anthony Johnson vs. Alexander Gustafsson Highlights
- UFC on FOX 14 Post-Fight Bonuses: ‘Rumble’ Headlines List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC on FOX 14 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC on FOX 14 Main Card Results: Rumble Destroys Alexander Gustafsson In Round One
- UFC on FOX 14 Prelims Results: Tumenov Wins Thriller Over Musoke
UFC 109 – Brandon Vera reveals he will face Jon Jones on February 6th
UFC light heavyweight, Brandon “The Truth” Vera has revealed that Jon “Bones” Jones will be the man that steps in for the injured Antonio Rogerio Nogueira against him at UFC 109 on February 6th in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Posting via his Twitter page, Vera wrote:
“Just found out I’m firing Jon Bones Jones on March 21st in Denver Colorado. hope u heard it here first!!!!”
It appears Vera may have jumped the gun though as the post was soon removed. This could mean the news is not 100% true or that the promotion have pulled rank on being the first to announce it (most likely).
Vera was last seen in action at UFC 105 just last month, losing a razor close decision to former five time UFC champion, Randy Couture in Manchester, England. Prior to that he had been on a two fight winning streak and comes into this one 3-3 in his last six outings.
As for Jones, he is currently disputing his disqualification loss to Matt Hamill from earlier this month. It is argued that the illegal elbows thrown didn’t cause the injuries that forced Hamill to retire from the fight and therefore it should be ruled a no-contest.