- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
- Conor McGregor: Everything I Touch Turns To Gold
- Anderson Silva Says Another Title Run Possible If He Has The Opportunity
- Claudia Gadelha Injured, Out Of UFC Fight Night 64
- Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor Doesn’t Like It When The Tables Are Turned
- Cyborg’s Attempt To Make Bantamweight Back On For Next Fight
- Dana White Not Optimistic About GSP Return: He Hasn’t Been Hungry For A Long Time
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
UFC 109 – Brandon Vera reveals he will face Jon Jones on February 6th
UFC light heavyweight, Brandon “The Truth” Vera has revealed that Jon “Bones” Jones will be the man that steps in for the injured Antonio Rogerio Nogueira against him at UFC 109 on February 6th in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Posting via his Twitter page, Vera wrote:
“Just found out I’m firing Jon Bones Jones on March 21st in Denver Colorado. hope u heard it here first!!!!”
It appears Vera may have jumped the gun though as the post was soon removed. This could mean the news is not 100% true or that the promotion have pulled rank on being the first to announce it (most likely).
Vera was last seen in action at UFC 105 just last month, losing a razor close decision to former five time UFC champion, Randy Couture in Manchester, England. Prior to that he had been on a two fight winning streak and comes into this one 3-3 in his last six outings.
As for Jones, he is currently disputing his disqualification loss to Matt Hamill from earlier this month. It is argued that the illegal elbows thrown didn’t cause the injuries that forced Hamill to retire from the fight and therefore it should be ruled a no-contest.