- Ian McCall vs John Lineker Official For UFC 183
- UFC Rankings Report: Edgar, Barboza Trending Upward
- Ben Rothwell Tells ‘Brain Damaged’ Alistair Overeem To Stay Out Of The Media
- Alexander Gustafsson & Anthony Johnson Work Out In Sweden
- Quote: Frankie Edgar Outstruck Jose Aldo For Three Rounds
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Urijah Faber: TJ Dillashaw & Chad Mendes Could Both Beat Jose Aldo
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
UFC 109 – Brandon Vera reveals he will face Jon Jones on February 6th
UFC light heavyweight, Brandon “The Truth” Vera has revealed that Jon “Bones” Jones will be the man that steps in for the injured Antonio Rogerio Nogueira against him at UFC 109 on February 6th in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Posting via his Twitter page, Vera wrote:
“Just found out I’m firing Jon Bones Jones on March 21st in Denver Colorado. hope u heard it here first!!!!”
It appears Vera may have jumped the gun though as the post was soon removed. This could mean the news is not 100% true or that the promotion have pulled rank on being the first to announce it (most likely).
Vera was last seen in action at UFC 105 just last month, losing a razor close decision to former five time UFC champion, Randy Couture in Manchester, England. Prior to that he had been on a two fight winning streak and comes into this one 3-3 in his last six outings.
As for Jones, he is currently disputing his disqualification loss to Matt Hamill from earlier this month. It is argued that the illegal elbows thrown didn’t cause the injuries that forced Hamill to retire from the fight and therefore it should be ruled a no-contest.