- UFC on FOX 15 Main Card Results Live At 8 PM ET
- UFC on FOX 15 Preliminary Card Live Results
- Lyoto Machida: I Try To Remove All Pressure & Emotion From My Fights
- Poll: Which Bout Will Win UFC on FOX 15′s ‘Fight Of The Night?’
- Jacare Still Believes The Next Title Shot Will Be His
- UFC on FOX 15 Official Weigh-In Video & Results: Main Event On Point
- Rafael dos Anjos Aims For November Return Following Surgery
- Jon Jones: ‘Mr. JV’ Phil Davis Can’t ‘Crumble Me Like A Cookie’ In Bellator
- UFC on FOX 15 LowKick Predictions
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
UFC 109 – Brandon Vera reveals he will face Jon Jones on February 6th
UFC light heavyweight, Brandon “The Truth” Vera has revealed that Jon “Bones” Jones will be the man that steps in for the injured Antonio Rogerio Nogueira against him at UFC 109 on February 6th in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Posting via his Twitter page, Vera wrote:
“Just found out I’m firing Jon Bones Jones on March 21st in Denver Colorado. hope u heard it here first!!!!”
It appears Vera may have jumped the gun though as the post was soon removed. This could mean the news is not 100% true or that the promotion have pulled rank on being the first to announce it (most likely).
Vera was last seen in action at UFC 105 just last month, losing a razor close decision to former five time UFC champion, Randy Couture in Manchester, England. Prior to that he had been on a two fight winning streak and comes into this one 3-3 in his last six outings.
As for Jones, he is currently disputing his disqualification loss to Matt Hamill from earlier this month. It is argued that the illegal elbows thrown didn’t cause the injuries that forced Hamill to retire from the fight and therefore it should be ruled a no-contest.