- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results
- Top Five ‘Rampage’ Knockouts Of All-Time
- UFC 186 Preliminary Card Results: Patrick Cote Outlasts Joe Riggs
- ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs Soa Palelei Added To UFC 190 In August
- Three Reasons To Watch UFC 186
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 3
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
UFC 109 Bonuses: Serra, Thiago, Chael Sonnen and Nate Marquardt receive $60,000 prize money
UFC 109: Relentless delivered entertainment above expectations with wonderful fights between some of the toughest competitors in The Octagon. UFC management have confirmed that the main eventers Matt Serra, Paulo Thiago, Chael Sonnen and Nate Marquardt will all add $60,000 prize money to their original salary.
Nate “The Great” Marquardt and Chael sonnen awarded “Fight of the Night” honor for their three-round bloodbath. Chael Sonnen delivered an upset by winning a decision against Marquardt, who was considered by many fans as a clear favorite to earn another shot at Anderson Silva.
Matt “The Terror” Serra proved everyone he still has plenty to give inside The Octagon by knocking out Frank Trigg. Serra earned a prestigious “Knockout of the Night” award. Brazilian Paulo Thiago submitted American Kickboxing Academy product Mike “Quick” Swick with a modified Anaconda Choke, showing that his BJJ game is second to none in the UFC Welterweight division. Thiago will take to Brazil $60,000 and a “Submission of the Night” award.
Next UFC event will be UFC 110 on Saturday, February 20, 2010 in Sydney, Australia at the Acer Arena. It will be the first UFC event in Australia, with Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez as the main event. British prospect Michael Bisping and Wanderlei Silva will be featured in the co-main event of the evening.