- Poll: Which Bout Will Win UFC on FOX 15′s ‘Fight Of The Night?’
- Jacare Still Believes The Next Title Shot Will Be His
- UFC on FOX 15 Official Weigh-In Video & Results: Main Event Official
- Rafael dos Anjos Aims For November Return Following Surgery
- Jon Jones: ‘Mr. JV’ Phil Davis Can’t ‘Crumble Me Like A Cookie’ In Bellator
- UFC on FOX 15 LowKick Predictions
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Thiago Alves is headed back to the top, credits Mike Dolce
“Dolce played a big part in this new phase of my career. I’m still training at American Top Team but I had to recycle new coaches. I’m doing everything I’m doing and I’m prepared. … I’ve changed a lot of things in my personal life and my training camp. I changed a few of my coaches and brought Mike Dolce in to not just work on nutrition but strength and conditioning. I’m concerned about performance. My focus is on putting on a great performance and I feel I can be a top contender.” – Thiago Alves speaking at the UFC on FX 2 Pre-Fight Press Conference (Transcribed via MMAMania.com)
Once a perennial contender at 170-pounds, struggles making weight, a failed attempt at dethroning Georges St. Pierre, and subsequent losses to both Jon Fitch and Rick Story, put Alves’ future at Welterweight in jeopardy. But, according to the Brazilian, all of that is now a thing of the past.
Adhering to the famed “Dolce Diet,” the ATT Product appears to have overcome his battles with the scale, and got back in the win column in November, submitting promotional newcomer Papy Abedi at UFC 138. Now set to square off with Martin Kampmann in the UFC on FX 2 headliner, Alves could find himself back in the mix with a decisive victory over “The Hitman” on Friday. But, what do you think LowKick’ers? Are Alves’ days as a title contender a thing of the past, or could the rejuvenated “Pitbull” climb back to the top by taking a bite out of the “Great Dane” in Australia?
Photo: Francis Specker