- UFC on FOX 14 Overnight Numbers Show Biggest FOX Ratings In Two Years
- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light Heavyweight Champ?
- Jon Jones Reacts To Anthony Johnson’s Win Over Alexander Gustafsson
- UFC on FOX 14: Anthony Johnson vs. Alexander Gustafsson Highlights
Thales Leites eyes "entertaining" UFC return
Former UFC Middleweight Title contender Thales Leites revealed in his latest interview to the Brazilian website Tatame.com that he feels more mature as a Mixed Martial Artist, and expects to make a UFC return sooner than later:
“I was upset when I left the UFC, but now I feel more mature and I’m sure one day I’ll be there again. They pay you to fight and they want entertainment. If you don’t entertain them, there’s a big line behind you wanting to fight. It’s the market. To keep yourself there, you have to do exciting fights. Wanderlei Silva is there even losing three of his last five fights. He’s a showman, and that’s what the UFC wants.”
Twenty-nine year old Leites was cut from the Ultimate Fighting Championship after two consecutive defeats against the eternal UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva (at the infamous UFC 97 main event) and the “Legionarius” Alessio Sakara at UFC 101 (Split Decision loss).
Leites is currently 16-3 in his MMA career, going 2-0 following his release from the UFC after defeating Dean Lister at MFC 23 and Rico Washington at the Bitetti Combat VI.