- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
Stefan Struve TKO’s Sean McCorkle in the First Round
Dutch giant Stefan Struve scored a sweet victory over the arch nemesis Sean McCorkle at the co-main vent of UFC 124 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Struve paid back Sean McCorkle for the long months of trash talk with a devastating TKO, also handing “Big Sexy” the first loss of his career.
Despite the result, it was Sean McCorkle attacking first. “Big Sexy” managed to take down Struve via a vicious slam, before looking for a Kimura submission lock. Struve’s right hand was in a very dangerous position, but the Dutchman managed to pull his hand out back to safety. Struve reversed positions with a perfect sweep, finding himself in a full mount position. From there, it was a short way for victory, as the Dutchman unleashed the storm of ground and pound, forcing the referee to stop the action at 3:55 of Round 1.
Stefan Struve is now 5-2 in the UFC, currently enjoying a three-fight winning streak. A victory over a relatively unknown McCorkle may not be the biggest of his career, but Stefan Struve is definitely in right direction to becoming a leading force in the UFC Heavyweight division.