- Daniel Cormier: I’m Looking To Rid MMA Of Jon Jones
- Rory MacDonald Informed He Won’t Fight For Title, Will Just ‘Light Up’ Whoever’s Next
- Where Does Lyoto Machida Go With A Win At UFC Fight Night 58?
- CM Punk Responds To Matt Brown: I Understand Your Point Of View
- UFC 182: Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier Extended Preview
- Poll: Do UFC Fighters Deserve Better Pay And Conditions?
- Jon Fitch, Nate Quarry & Cung Le Among Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- LowKick MMA Is Looking For New Writers – Come Join Our Team!
Sonnen vs Marquardt for a shot at Middleweight belt
Its widely accepeted that Chael Sonnen and Nate Marquardt are two fighters at the top of the middleweight pile, but now it seems Dana White agrees, announcing that the winner of their upcoming match up will go on to face the winner of Vitor Belfort vs. Anderson Silva.
At the UFC 109: Relentless press conference, White had this to say: “We always had it it mind, these guys are two of the top five in the world,” White said about making the fight a #1 contender’s match.
Upon hearing the news, the continually improving Marquatdt, who is 4-1 since last fighting the Spider, had this to say: “I’m very excited for this fight, that’s actually the first time I’ve heard that it’s going to be for a title shot officially”
Nate “The Great” Marquardt and Chael Sonnen will fight at the co-main event of UFC 109: Relentless, this Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.