- Did A Head Butt Cause Alexander Gustafsson To Lose In Sweden?
- Daniel Cormier Wants To Fight Alexander Gustafsson In Louisiana
- Jon Jones Unveils His Light Heavyweight Top Five
- Dan Henderson Stoppage Reportedly Saved His Vision At UFC on FOX 14
- UFC 183 Video Roundup, Start Times & TV Schedule
- Countdown To UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz
- UFC on FOX 14 Overnight Numbers Show Biggest FOX Ratings In Two Years
- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
Sonnen vs Marquardt for a shot at Middleweight belt
Its widely accepeted that Chael Sonnen and Nate Marquardt are two fighters at the top of the middleweight pile, but now it seems Dana White agrees, announcing that the winner of their upcoming match up will go on to face the winner of Vitor Belfort vs. Anderson Silva.
At the UFC 109: Relentless press conference, White had this to say: “We always had it it mind, these guys are two of the top five in the world,” White said about making the fight a #1 contender’s match.
Upon hearing the news, the continually improving Marquatdt, who is 4-1 since last fighting the Spider, had this to say: “I’m very excited for this fight, that’s actually the first time I’ve heard that it’s going to be for a title shot officially”
Nate “The Great” Marquardt and Chael Sonnen will fight at the co-main event of UFC 109: Relentless, this Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.