- Matt Brown: What The F–k Has Conor Done Compared To Frankie?
- “Rumble” Thinks Alexander Gustafsson Is As Dangerous As Jon Jones
- Ratings! UFC Fight Night 57 Peaks At Over 1 Million Viewers
- Joe Lauzon vs. Al Iaquinta Added To UFC 183
- Renan Barao Challenges T.J. Dillashaw To Fight Him In Brazil
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
Shogun looks forward to "great fight" against Rampage or Rashad
Newly crowned lightheavyweight champ Mauricio Rua is proving already that he is ready to defend his title. While shortly after his bout with Lyoto Machida, Dana White announced his first defence would be against the winner of Rampage Jackson vs Rashad Evans. Speaking about his possibile opponents, Shogun told Graciemag.com:
“Dana White already said it would be between those two. It’ll be a tough fight against either of them, that’s for sure. Both are top-tier fighters, and it’ll be a great fight against either of them.”
“Truth is, I have no preference. I can’t think about opponents I want to fight. Whoever it may be, I’ll be happy. I just can’t be left without an opponent! I’ll be stoked to fight either of the two; they’re great fighters and it will be a good fight.”
Shogun caused a major upset this past weekend, not only defeating Lyoto Machida in their rematch, but doing so by knocking out his fellow Brazillian in the first round with a superb over hand counter punch. The fight earned Shogun a Knockout Of The Night award, and his record now stands at 19-4. He is also a PRIDE middleweight GP winner.