- Michelle Waterson Officially Signs With The UFC
- New Mexico Hit-And-Run Victim Speaks, Pic Of Smashed Car Released
- Anthony Johnson: ‘I’ll Wait A Year Like Vitor If I Have To’
- Jon Jones Turns Himself Into Police Custody, Makes $2,500 Bail
- Albuquerque Police Issue Felony Warrant For Jon Jones
- Poll: How Should The UFC Punish Jon Jones?
- Read The Official Police Report From Jon Jones’ Hit-And-Run
- Tim Kennedy: ‘Karate Is Dead, Rockhold Destroyed Machida Effortlessly’
- Jon Jones Update: Police Found Marijuana, Pipe After ‘Bones’ Fled Scene
- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
Shogun looks forward to "great fight" against Rampage or Rashad
Newly crowned lightheavyweight champ Mauricio Rua is proving already that he is ready to defend his title. While shortly after his bout with Lyoto Machida, Dana White announced his first defence would be against the winner of Rampage Jackson vs Rashad Evans. Speaking about his possibile opponents, Shogun told Graciemag.com:
“Dana White already said it would be between those two. It’ll be a tough fight against either of them, that’s for sure. Both are top-tier fighters, and it’ll be a great fight against either of them.”
“Truth is, I have no preference. I can’t think about opponents I want to fight. Whoever it may be, I’ll be happy. I just can’t be left without an opponent! I’ll be stoked to fight either of the two; they’re great fighters and it will be a good fight.”
Shogun caused a major upset this past weekend, not only defeating Lyoto Machida in their rematch, but doing so by knocking out his fellow Brazillian in the first round with a superb over hand counter punch. The fight earned Shogun a Knockout Of The Night award, and his record now stands at 19-4. He is also a PRIDE middleweight GP winner.