- Anderson Silva On Another Title Run : If I Have The Opportunity, It’s Possible
- Claudia Gadelha Injured, Out Of UFC Fight Night 64
- Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor Doesn’t Like It When The Tables Are Turned
- Cyborg’s Attempt To Make Bantamweight Back On For Next Fight
- Dana White Not Optimistic About GSP Return: He Hasn’t Been Hungry For A Long Time
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
Shogun Rua wants to avenge loss to Jon Jones
Mauricio “Shogun” Rua used an impressive first round knockout over Forrest Griffin at UFC 134 to get back on the winning track. Rua had lost his previous fight, relinquishing the UFC Light Heavyweight title to Jon Jones at UFC 128.
Rua has never lost two fights in a row. In fact, after each of his five career losses he has come back to stop his next opponent via a knockout. Another item to consider is that the win over Griffin was a rematch victory, a fact that wasn’t lost on Rua himself, “I’ve only had five losses,” Rua said in his native Portuguese. “I’ve managed to avenge all of them except Jon Jones and [Renato 'Babalu' Sobral]. ‘Babalu’ is my friend, and he’s on my team, so I wouldn’t think of doing that. The only guy left then is Jon Jones.“- For more check out MMAJunkie.com.
Jones is currently slated to defend his title against Quinton “Rampage” Jackson at UFC 135.
Further Reading: UFC 134 Results: Shogun Rua destroys Forrest Griffin