- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Teddy Holder vs. Thiago Silva Video Highlights
- Drew Dober Returns To Face Efrain Escudero At UFC 188
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
Shogun Rua: I would be happy to fight Forrest Griffin again
Former Pride Champion Mauricio “Shogun” Rua answered to a lot of interesting questions in his interview to TATAME.com. UFC Light Heavyweight contender declared that he would love to have another fight with the former Champion Forrest Griffin, after watching his fight against Anderson Silva:
In his fight with Forrest, Anderson Silva fought well and his strategy was good. He knew how to use psychological advantages against Forrest. I would be happy to have another fight with Forrest Griffin as well.
Shogun Rua also stated that he feels more comfortable now in The Ultimate Fighting Championship, and a much different fight than he was in PRIDE:
I think the Shogun in PRIDE was a man who adapted to the ring, and now the Shogun in the UFC is a man adapted to the cage. I focus more on fighting now, and before I had to do other things, today I am much more focused and professional.
As for his rematch against the unbeaten Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida, Rua works on a new gameplan that will surprise the Shotokan Karate fighter:
I’ll represent my country and my city, and I will surely represent myself. I do not promise victory, but fans can expect my greatest possible effort. I will change my gameplan, because he’ll surely change his. I’ll go in with other strategies, with other cards up my sleeve.
Mauricio “Shogun” Rua is expected to rematch Lyoto Machida at UFC 113 event in Montreal, Canada, on May 8th.