- Travis Browne Leaves Jackson’s MMA For Glendale Training Center
- UFC Fight Night 52 Weigh-Ins Video & Results
- Gilbert Melendez & Eddie Alvarez Trade Barbs
- Alistair Overeem vs Stefan Struve Booked For UFC On FOX 13
- Matt Mitrione Views Andrei Arlovski As ‘The Next Step’
- Machida vs. Dollaway Scheduled For UFC Fight Night 58
- Coach: Hendricks About 85 Percent, Looking To Return In February
Sean Sherk defeats Evan Dunham via a controversial Split Decision
Former UFC Lightweight Champion Sean Sherk managed to defeat the young prospect Evan Dunham via a (controversial) Split Decision, in what could easily be as UFC 119 Fight of the Night. Sherk dominated Dunham in the First Round, managing to deliver a punishing ground and pound from the top. Sherk also managed to cut Dunham above his left eye,, but the previously unbeaten prospect managed to survive.
Second and the Third rounds were a little bit different story, as Evan Dunham fired submission attempts and effective striking combinations, forcing Sean Sherk to close the gap and look for a takedown. The Muscle Shark survived in an impressive fashion, answering with striking combos of his own.
In the end, it was a 29-28, 28-29, 29-28 Split Decision for Sean Sherk, who improves his MMA record to 34-4-1. Evan Dunham is now 11-1 in his MMA career, with sights on bouncing back stronger than ever.