- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Teddy Holder vs. Thiago Silva Video Highlights
- Drew Dober Returns To Face Efrain Escudero At UFC 188
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
Rumor: Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva vs. Cain Velasquez in April?
The website credits Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira‘s interview to the Brazilian newspaper “Extra”, where Minotauro reveals his new teammate Antonio Silva will make his first appearance inside the Octagon in April, against Cain Velasquez. None of the sides officially confirmed the news, but since Antonio Silva is now a part of Team Nogueira, Big Nog is more than just a reliable source in everything related to Bigfoot’s Octagon debut.
Both Velasquez and Silva are coming off defeats in their most recent bouts. Silva was surprisingly TKO’d by Cain Velasquez‘s teammate Daniel Cormier last September, while Velasquez lost his title to Junior dos Santos via KO at UFC on FOX, which took place back in November.
My 2 Euro Cents:
Frank Mir was widely considered as the most logical choice for Cain Velasquez, who will look to prove a point after a disappointing performance against Junior dos Santos. Mir is currently one of the few Top 10 Heavyweights with a win-streak. In fact, the only fighters currently enjoying an unbeaten run inside the Octagon are Cheick Kongo, Travis Browne, and Mike Russow.
Velasquez vs. Mir is a perfect Heavyweight blockbuster, where both fighters have something to gain and something to lose. On the contrary, Cheick Kongo is currently the best option for Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva, who has to earn some credibility points by testing himself against a top Heavyweight striker.
Stay tuned to LowKick.com.
Further Reading: UFC 142: Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes Extended Preview