- ‘Bones’ Knows? Nude Video Of Jon Jones On Snapchat Leaked Online
- Re-Debut: Henry Cejudo vs Dustin Kimura Added To UFC on FOX 13
- Will 2015 Spell The End Of Jon Jones’ Reign?
- Michael Bisping vs Luke Rockhold Counterpunch Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Always Thinking About Jon Jones
- Alexander Gustafsson vs Rashad Evans Rumored For January UFC In Sweden
- UFC 179: Glover Teixeira vs Phil Davis Fight Breakdown
- Poll: Predicting The Outcome Of UFC 179′s Main Event
- Breaking Down The UFC Pound-For-Pound Rankings
Rumor: Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva vs. Cain Velasquez in April?
The website credits Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira‘s interview to the Brazilian newspaper “Extra”, where Minotauro reveals his new teammate Antonio Silva will make his first appearance inside the Octagon in April, against Cain Velasquez. None of the sides officially confirmed the news, but since Antonio Silva is now a part of Team Nogueira, Big Nog is more than just a reliable source in everything related to Bigfoot’s Octagon debut.
Both Velasquez and Silva are coming off defeats in their most recent bouts. Silva was surprisingly TKO’d by Cain Velasquez‘s teammate Daniel Cormier last September, while Velasquez lost his title to Junior dos Santos via KO at UFC on FOX, which took place back in November.
My 2 Euro Cents:
Frank Mir was widely considered as the most logical choice for Cain Velasquez, who will look to prove a point after a disappointing performance against Junior dos Santos. Mir is currently one of the few Top 10 Heavyweights with a win-streak. In fact, the only fighters currently enjoying an unbeaten run inside the Octagon are Cheick Kongo, Travis Browne, and Mike Russow.
Velasquez vs. Mir is a perfect Heavyweight blockbuster, where both fighters have something to gain and something to lose. On the contrary, Cheick Kongo is currently the best option for Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva, who has to earn some credibility points by testing himself against a top Heavyweight striker.
Stay tuned to LowKick.com.
Further Reading: UFC 142: Jose Aldo vs. Chad Mendes Extended Preview