- UFC 184 Prelims Results
- Rousey’s Coach: Zingano Is A Desperate Fighter
- Cyborg Headlines July 10 Invicta FC Event From Las Vegas
- UFC: Welcome To The Show Press Conference
- Ronda Rousey Claims To Be The GOAT, Pennington Slams Holm
- UFC 184 Embedded Episode 5
- Invicta FC 11 Results: Cyborg Destroys Tweet In The First
- Dan Henderson vs. Tim Boetsch, Matt Mitrione vs. Ben Rothwell Added To UFC Fight Night 68
- Pay-Per-View Money Will Reportedly Push Ronda Rousey’s UFC 184 Payday Past $1 Million
- UFC 184 Weigh-Ins Results: Rousey & Zingano On Point
Rua vs. Vera to headline UFC on FOX 4, Lombard vs Boetsch at UFC 152
Less than twenty-four hours after losing Brian Stann and Michael Bisping due to injury, Ultimate Fighting Championship have officially announced that the former Light Heavyweight champ Mauricio “Shogun” Rua will face Brandon Vera in the brand new UFC on FOX 4 main event, while Hector Lombard goes off the card to face Tim Boetsch at UFC 152.
The fight between Rua and Vera seems like a good deal for both fighters. Rua is currently on a two-fight losing streak, while Vera went back on winning ways with a Unanimous Decision victory over Elliot Marshall at UFC 137. If victorious against Rua, Brandon Vera can find himself back in the mix for a shot at the UFC Light Heavyweight title, after a series of disappointed performances against Randy Couture, Thiago Silva and Jon Jones. The latter broke Vera’s face in three places, and put him on a year-long layoff.
As for Rua, this looks like a winnable fight for the Brazilian, who wants to prove that he still has what it takes to become a champion again. Shogun is 2-3 in his last five fights, losing to Jon Jones, Lyoto Machida, and Dan Henderson.
Hector Lombard‘s participation at UFC 152 could make way for Brian Stann vs. Michael Bisping at the upcoming card in England. Bisping vs. Stann could be an immediate sell-out, with serious title implications for both fighters.
UFC 152 is expected to take place in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, on September 22nd. BJ Penn recently accepted Rory MacDonald‘s challenge to fight on the card, while Hector Lombard vs. Tim Boetsch shapes it up as a solid PPV event. Former UFC Featherweight title challenger Mark Hominick also stated that he’s expecting to fight on the card.
Stay tuned to LowKick.com for more.