- Cheick Kongo vs. Alexander Volkov Headlines Bellator 139
- Rafael dos Anjos: I Think Nurmagomedov Has A Tough Task
- Anderson Silva Still Denies Steroid Use, Do You Believe Him?
- Michael Bisping Says C.B. Dollaway Will Crumble In Canada
- UFC Rankings Update: Holloway Stuck Behind Swanson, Rockhold Takes #1
- Luke Rockhold Would Love To ‘Beat Belfort’s A–,’ Doesn’t Think He Deserves Title
- Hector Lombard Talks Unfair Punishment For Stupidity
- Harboring No Ill Will Towards UFC, Phil Davis Wants Immediate Bellator Title Shot
- UFC Overhauls Reebok Pay Structure To Focus On Number Of Fights
- Chad Mendes Won’t Rule Out Facing Urijah Faber
Rock 96.7 Split Decision Podcast: Donald Cerrone says Nate Diaz fight is "personal"
Joey Bueller and Brandon Dodge are back for another edition of Rock 96.7′s Split Decision Podcast. As always, Bueller and Dodge share thoughts on the most important news in the world of Mixed Martial Arts, and in this episode, welcome the recently awarded 2011 Breakout Fighter of the Year, Donald Cerrone, to the show. After taking a look back on Stirkeforce: Melendez vs. Masvidal, they invite Cerrone to discuss his upcoming showdown with Nate Diaz, which will serve as co-headliner for the upcoming UFC 141 event. “Cowboy,” never one to shy away from a challenge, explains his disdain for Diaz, and says his opponent’s disrespect has only served as added motivation for the bout.
Please make sure to visit the Split Decision MMA Podcast page at Rock967.com, and follow Joey Bueller (@Bueller967) and Brandon Dodge (@DodgetheBadfish) on Twitter. Also, make sure you “Like” the Split Decision page on Facebook. Outer Photo: Scott Hirano
“If (Nate Diaz) tries to pitter-patter me and play that bulls–t game, he’s going to get picked apart. Go ahead, hit me b–ch, that’s how I prepare for that. Bring it on.
He’s stupid. He’s not very intelligent with his trash-talking. It’s not like I’m going against Chael Sonnen, who will just destroy me. That guy is super intelligent and comes at people from all levels. I’m dealing with a street thug, you know, an idiot. So, I’m not real worried about his trash-talking. Just f–k him, if he wants to talk s–t, bring it on. I tried to shake his hand and be cool with the dude and he wants to take it to another level. Now, he’s pissed me off and now it’s personal. And now I’m going to fight a lot harder because of it.”