- Cyborg Is ‘Playing The Game’ With First Sensual Photo Shoot
- Dominick Cruz Out Indefinitely After Suffering ACL Injury
- UFC Fight Night 58 Medical Suspensions: Dollaway Gets 180 Days For Possible Broken Rib
- Jon Jones Plans On Trying To Wrestle Daniel Cormier
- What Does 2015 Hold For The UFC Welterweight Division?
- Vitor Belfort Looking Slimmed Down In Recent Photo
- Rampage Releases Statement Citing Multiple Contract Breaches By Bellator
Renzo Gracie in ‘Middle aged crisis’ wants to defend family honor
Renzo Gracie(13-6-1) has not stepped foot in a cage for 2 years coming in to this fight and he is scheduled to meet UFC veteran and future hall of famer Matt Hughes (43-7). Renzo has said that he is in the best shape of his life to deal with what his wife has called his mid-life crisis. ‘I’m feeling like a kid,” He said “I’ve lost 27 pounds and I’m back in the game , I can’t wait to fight. I’ll be 43 when I fight(Hughes) and my wife says that instead of buying a car or a bike, my middle aged crisis is to get back in the ring.”
An 8 time PRIDE veteran, Renzo has also fought in the IFL and ELITEXC in his lengthly career in MMA. He has previously appeared at MW Gracie will now compete at 170lbs.
‘I’m very fortunate; He said ‘I was able to set up all the goals I had before – to open my schools, tun up my businesses so I could push my art to future generations of my family. I was able to do that, so now my business is running by itself, and I can just concentrate on myself for the first time in my life and just train to fight.’
Among Gracies students is former welterweight champion Matt ‘The terror’ Serra.A man that Matt Hughes defeated in May after a lengthly verbal rivalry.Hughes also defeated Renzo’s cousin Royce Gracie in a 2006 superfight.
Renzo was offered a 3 fight contract but said he would only sign for six. So it seems we will be seeing more of him, win or lose against Hughes,in a fight that will be avenging his cousins loss to the UFC legend last may.