- UFC Fight Night 58 Weigh-Ins Video & Results
- Dustin Poirier Returning To Lightweight In 2015
- CM Punk Targeting Late 2015 UFC Debut
- Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira Reportedly Agreed Upon For UFC Fight Night 60 In Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs CB Dollaway Breakdown
- Michael Bisping Disagrees With “Butthurt” Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- Jon Jones ‘Offended’ The UFC Showed Death Threat Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Looking To Rid MMA Of Jon Jones
- Rory MacDonald Informed He Won’t Fight For Title, Will Just ‘Light Up’ Whoever’s Next
Patrick Barry says he was the first option to replace Ben Rothwell
Heavy-handed kickboxer Pat “HD” Barry revealed that he was supposed to replace Ben Rothwell in a fight against the legendary Mirko Cro Cop at UFC 110. Barry (5-1 MMA, 18-6 K1) stated in his interview to CagreWriter that he would fight Mirko Filipovic “for free”, just to gain the media exposure:
“UFC asked me if I wanted to step up and take the fight. I said absolutely. I told them I would fly in the day of the fight and fight him in my jeans. I’d take it no matter what, but we were told I couldn’t get a work visa in time.
If I had more notice that would’ve been awesome. I wanted that fight so bad, bro. I told them you don’t even have to pay me. Really! All you have to do is send me a plane ticket.’ Either way I win. I haven’t trained in three months. I’ll fight the dude in my jeans. I would’ve fought him while I’m fat.”
Patrick Barry will have to wait until UFC 115 before he stpes inside The Octagon again, where he scheduled to fight the veteran Dutch knockout artist Gilbert “The Hurricane” Yvel. Thirty year-old Barry trained by the legendary Jeff “Duke” Roufus and fights out of Milwaukee, WI for the Roufusport Fight Club.