- Junior Dos Santos: Alistair Overeem Isn’t As Buff As He Was Before
- Video: Watch Conor McGregor Steal Jose Aldo’s Belt In Dublin
- UFC 189 World Tour Press Conference Live From Dublin
- Ronda Rousey Hints She May Join ‘The Rock’ At Next Year’s Wrestlemania
- Dennis Bermudez Battles Jeremy Stephens At UFC 189
- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
Patrick Barry says he was the first option to replace Ben Rothwell
Heavy-handed kickboxer Pat “HD” Barry revealed that he was supposed to replace Ben Rothwell in a fight against the legendary Mirko Cro Cop at UFC 110. Barry (5-1 MMA, 18-6 K1) stated in his interview to CagreWriter that he would fight Mirko Filipovic “for free”, just to gain the media exposure:
“UFC asked me if I wanted to step up and take the fight. I said absolutely. I told them I would fly in the day of the fight and fight him in my jeans. I’d take it no matter what, but we were told I couldn’t get a work visa in time.
If I had more notice that would’ve been awesome. I wanted that fight so bad, bro. I told them you don’t even have to pay me. Really! All you have to do is send me a plane ticket.’ Either way I win. I haven’t trained in three months. I’ll fight the dude in my jeans. I would’ve fought him while I’m fat.”
Patrick Barry will have to wait until UFC 115 before he stpes inside The Octagon again, where he scheduled to fight the veteran Dutch knockout artist Gilbert “The Hurricane” Yvel. Thirty year-old Barry trained by the legendary Jeff “Duke” Roufus and fights out of Milwaukee, WI for the Roufusport Fight Club.