- Igor Pokrajac And Five Others Cut From The UFC
- Julianna Pena Returns Against Milana Dudieva At UFC Fight Night 63
- UFC 183: Up Close & Personal – Anderson Silva
- Rashad Evans Predicts Anthony Johnson Will Knock Out Jon Jones
- Cris Cyborg Return Set For Same Weekend & City As Ronda Rousey
- Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor Postponed Until Mid-Summer
Patrick Barry says he was the first option to replace Ben Rothwell
Heavy-handed kickboxer Pat “HD” Barry revealed that he was supposed to replace Ben Rothwell in a fight against the legendary Mirko Cro Cop at UFC 110. Barry (5-1 MMA, 18-6 K1) stated in his interview to CagreWriter that he would fight Mirko Filipovic “for free”, just to gain the media exposure:
“UFC asked me if I wanted to step up and take the fight. I said absolutely. I told them I would fly in the day of the fight and fight him in my jeans. I’d take it no matter what, but we were told I couldn’t get a work visa in time.
If I had more notice that would’ve been awesome. I wanted that fight so bad, bro. I told them you don’t even have to pay me. Really! All you have to do is send me a plane ticket.’ Either way I win. I haven’t trained in three months. I’ll fight the dude in my jeans. I would’ve fought him while I’m fat.”
Patrick Barry will have to wait until UFC 115 before he stpes inside The Octagon again, where he scheduled to fight the veteran Dutch knockout artist Gilbert “The Hurricane” Yvel. Thirty year-old Barry trained by the legendary Jeff “Duke” Roufus and fights out of Milwaukee, WI for the Roufusport Fight Club.