- Daniel Cormier Wants To Fight Alexander Gustafsson In Louisiana
- Jon Jones Unveils His Light Heavyweight Top Five
- Dan Henderson Stoppage Reportedly Saved His Vision At UFC on FOX 14
- UFC 183 Video Roundup, Start Times & TV Schedule
- Countdown To UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz
- UFC on FOX 14 Overnight Numbers Show Biggest FOX Ratings In Two Years
- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light Heavyweight Champ?
Pat Barry: If Lavar Johnson punches me hard enough, you'll see a wrestler jump out
UFC Heavyweight Pat Barry, who will square off with fellow heavy-hitter Lavar Johnson at UFC on Fox 3, discusses his opponent, as well as his expectations for the bout. Barry says he’s still determined to score a submission victory inside the octagon, but admits that he’s coming out to stand and trade with Johnson on May 5th.
“The plan is no (wrestling). Now, I’m not saying that I’m completely against it. If he punches me in the head hard enough, you’ll see a wrestler jump out of me somewhere. So, the plan is not to go to the ground, it’s to avoid it. Me, as a fan, I would rather see two guys stand there and punch each other in the head over and over again – hopefully, I’m not on the end of that. If it has to happen, it has to happen, but that’s not the plan. The plan is to stand there and punch and kick each other until somebody gives up, quits or is unconscious.
We’re coming to put on a fight. That’s what it’s going to be. Round 2, nope. Round 3, don’t like it. I don’t think either one of us, I guarantee we’re not 15-minute fighters. We can do it if we have to, but neither one of us wants to do that. I personally want to throw one punch and leave. I don’t want to do anymore than that.”