- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Teddy Holder vs. Thiago Silva Video Highlights
- Drew Dober Returns To Face Efrain Escudero At UFC 188
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
Minotauro Nogueira makes Cro Cop an offer he can’t refuse
This past week UFC heavyweight Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira was outspoken regarding his desire for a second fight with Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic. The two men originally met back in 2003 in the now defunct Pride FC organization. In their first meeting Nogueira was able to catch the Croatian kickboxer with an armbar at 1:45 of the second round. With Both men now in the UFC “Big Nog” says he thinks he has “An even better chance” at defeating Filipivoc.
According to FightersOnlyMagazine, “Cro Cop” responded today via text message telling them “I heard what Nogueira said in Brazil. That would be a fight I could not refuse.”
As of last week Filipovic was reported to still be on the fence regarding his future in fighting, explaining he needs “motivation – and that means fights with big names, with the legends.”
“I am still thinking about what to do and right now I need some rest. I will talk with Lorenzo and we will see. I just need motivation right now… Since 2003, its inside of me to have a rematch with Nogueira, definitely. He is one of the true legends, a pioneer of the sport, former Pride champion and former UFC champion as well. It would be a very interesting rematch for me.”
With “Cro-Cop” expressing what sounds to be a long-standing desire for the rematch and Nogueira’s prestated interest, we just might see it materialize. For the time being however, Mirko is currently no longer under contract with the UFC, therefore until a new deal is negotiated, nothing is for certain.
Source: Fighters Only